Finding cheap flight to anywhere

thinkerbell

DIS Veteran
We are trying to find somewhere new to go on vacation. We seem to end up in the same 4 places. Don’t know where to go. We were just thinking that it would be fun to go on a website, put in our home airport and dates and see where the cheapest flights went to. Then we would just pick there to go. Is there any such website? We fly mostly southwest. Is there any way to do that on their site?

I don't really know, but limiting your self to cheap and Southwest would be awful limiting. But to find out why not log on to their web site and search.

I did and couldn’t figure out how to do that, if it is possible. That is why I asked on here.

Try googling "cheap flight to anywhere" if you have location services enabled, you'll see a box on the screen with your cities airport and you plug in the dates but don't enter a destination. Ticket prices should pop up. Try it and see. Good luck. Hope you find something.

Try googling "cheap flight to anywhere" if you have location services enabled, you'll see a box on the screen with your cities airport and you plug in the dates but don't enter a destination. Ticket prices should pop up. Try it and see. Good luck. Hope you find something.

Thank you flygirl. Exactly what I was looking for. I had googled several different things but didn’t get any helpful results. I put in what you said and that worked. 😃 I also found this site.
https://www.skyscanner.com/tips-and...r-next-adventure-skyscanner-everywhere-searchJust thought I’d share.

Google flights. Put in your home airport. Dates. And a map pops up showing the cost of flights just about anywhere in the world. Move the map to see all the possibilities. That's what I do when I want to find the cheapest airport to fly into in Europe. Difference can be a LOT depending on airport. Warning: it's addicting....

You want theflightdeal.com

They announce one or two specials every day, and they don't last past the date of announcement or maybe the day after. You do not buy your tickets from this site. You use their link to buy tickets at Orbitz or from the airlines directly. All the instructions are listed on the deal. Flights are fantastically cheap, but you have to be ready to act FAST. Deals are for flights months in advance, not immediate or 'fire sale' flights.

I have a buddy at the gym, he looks at southwest 59 dollar flights, and every other month he goes where ever it is, he first gets the tickets, then looks at the city, things to do, hotels and other stuff, sounds pretty cool and cheap

Yep, Google. They won't have Southwest, but they usually aren't the cheapest anyway (and I despise them, so doesn't matter). Look for airlines such as Spirit, Frontier, etc...you can get amazing deals with them.

You can do this with google flights. I do it all the time for fun. I enter my home airport and the dates of our next vacation and enter "Europe" as the destination and it gives a map of European cities and how much it would cost to fly there. These are bare-bones flights, though, and some might be ones you might not want to take--two days to get to Berlin, anyone? But once you find the flight in google flights you can then look it up under the operator, through which it is usually easier to book-- you don't have to book it through google.bGoogle flights just shows that that flight exists at that price.

Of course you can do this for the US, Asia, Africa, etc.

Adding...I'm sort of in the same boat right now. DS12 and I were supposed to fly somewhere last summer for a tournament. Plans got changed and we drove up instead, so he and I have a flight credit that we need to use in the next few months. It's Southwest unfortunately, but it is what it is. We just had this conversation last night, and I said "Pick somewhere, let's just go explore". We may fly just to see an NFL game or indoor lacrosse game and then come right home.

This might be a little off but there is a company called Pack Up & Go that plans surprise 3 day vacations. You answer questions like your budget, travel dates & preferences, whether you want to fly or drive, etc. Then they book travel and accommodations for you. You get an email a few days before you go that tells you where and when you get your transport, but you don't know where you're going until you actually open up an envelope that reveals your destination.

I've never done it but it looks super fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter