Finding it hard to date?

Twisted_cosplay

A cosplay drag queen.
I have found through out my years of dating guys that it is hard to find a relationship when you LOVE Disney. Like only Disney fans will understand how amazing it is to just snuggle and watch a Disney movie with the guy you love. Anyone else feel that? Disney is such a huge part of my life that i need someone who loves Disney as much as i do!

If you don't mind a straight guy offering his experience here, Yes it is possible to find somebody that loves Disney too.

I was a long time Disney fan (as in 20+ years) before meeting my wife. We actually first laid eyes on each other at Old Key West. It was her first visit to WDW. In the course of getting to know each other and now after 23 years of marriage, she has come to love Disney as well as I do. So much so that we moved from MA to Winter Garden after I retired so we could be near the parks.

Hang in there. I know a lot of LGBT people who are Disney fans and one day you will meet the right one.

THATS SO CUTE!!!!! I was planning on moving to Orlando this year but with covid sadly i wont be able to do that. and with Disney laying off a lot of people it looks like it might be even longer! i will get there one day! lol

BTW, I notice you do drag. There's a wig shop run by a local drag queen who does a great Bette at Hamburger Mary's. Take a look at Ritzy Rags in downtown Orlando.

Definitely harder to date in the Covid times. Even harder to find similar Disney peoples.

Come on Seattle! bring forth the lady Disney fans!

I agree with previous poster, covid seems like an unusually hard time to date! Disney is a HUGE part of my life, so I completely understand. Try meetups at disney once this is over to find a date. I can tell you it would be SO much easier if I had a spouse that loved disney the way I do. Instead, I go with our kids....he comes along sometimes, but doesn't enjoy it. Hold out for that special someone that shares your love for this part of your life. Wishing you lots of luck and happiness.

I would not mind finding a guy who was interested in going to Disney or theme parks in general. I was once a big Disneyphile who worked for TWDC and my then partner was very much into the history and nostalgia of all things Disney.

I visit the Magic every year, and sometimes multiple times a year. I'm actually looking to make the move from New England to Orlando by the end of 2021. But I must say that the problems I have found with dating while being part of the LGBTQ community and being obsessed with Disney is that sometimes you feel forced to date someone who is also part of those two worlds. People already assume that if you put two queer people together they will date. So when you narrow that field down even more to also being Disney fanatics, then I feel that pressure even more. And for me, I don't like it. Its so hard to find actual genuine friends who are part of the community and who also can talk Disney all day. I don't want to risk a friendship that is already hard to find to just date. I would rather just have the friendship hahaha.

I visit the Magic every year, and sometimes multiple times a year. I'm actually looking to make the move from New England to Orlando by the end of 2021. But I must say that the problems I have found with dating while being part of the LGBTQ community and being obsessed with Disney is that sometimes you feel forced to date someone who is also part of those two worlds. People already assume that if you put two queer people together they will date. So when you narrow that field down even more to also being Disney fanatics, then I feel that pressure even more. And for me, I don't like it. Its so hard to find actual genuine friends who are part of the community and who also can talk Disney all day. I don't want to risk a friendship that is already hard to find to just date. I would rather just have the friendship hahaha.

This is Nelson. New to the DisBoards and didn't know I couldn't change my username after signing up yesterday. So this is my new account. But in regards to this thread, I still stand by my statement from 12 hours ago hahaha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!