Finding my "spark" again! An April 2020 trip to the Poly with my love - A litle about us

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I ended up with this awful cold last week and it is still lingering on into this week. I think i killed an entire forest with the amount of tissues I've used in the last ten days... YIKES!

Any who, a couple things I wanted to update y'all on.
  • There is insulation in my new house! Woot Woot! I drove by and the insulation was installed and I heard from my Relator (who happens to be my friend and neighbor) that the builder told him that the sheet rock should be installed by the end of the week! I'll try and take some pictures before we leave for NJ this afternoon, and when I get back I'll go see if the sheet rock has been finished.
  • We leave for NJ tonight. I have to admit, I am nervous to meet B's family. I was with my ex husband since I was 18, he and I went to middle school together and his family knew mine because we lived two streets away. I've never met a man's family like this before. After I post this, I'm heading out to get a few more things I need and then I'm packing up so that when B gets home from work we can just head out. I'll try and update you all throughout the week but keep me in your thoughts... I have a feeling there will be a lot of anxiety for me over the next few days LOL!!!
  • Ok Disney related things.... 1.) I made a new Disney recipe last night! It was a S'mores Bake from Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch. It was super easy and very good but oh so sweet! I could only have a little before my tummy was tapping out! HA! and 2.) B had some rough expenses this month that were a little unexpected. I am going to change up that reservation at California Grill, and Flying Fish. I'll do Skipper Canteen instead of California Grill. I'm not sure what to replace Flying Fish with that would be a little less money. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry this update is not super long or exciting but I promise you that I'll have more updates once we are back from NJ, and I'm not still under the weather.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving filled with good food, friends and family, and positivity!

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been a little MIA lately. I ended up with this awful cold last week and it is still lingering on into this week. I think i killed an entire forest with the amount of tissues I've used in the last ten days... YIKES!

Any who, a couple things I wanted to update y'all on.
  • There is insulation in my new house! Woot Woot! I drove by and the insulation was installed and I heard from my Relator (who happens to be my friend and neighbor) that the builder told him that the sheet rock should be installed by the end of the week! I'll try and take some pictures before we leave for NJ this afternoon, and when I get back I'll go see if the sheet rock has been finished.
  • We leave for NJ tonight. I have to admit, I am nervous to meet B's family. I was with my ex husband since I was 18, he and I went to middle school together and his family knew mine because we lived two streets away. I've never met a man's family like this before. After I post this, I'm heading out to get a few more things I need and then I'm packing up so that when B gets home from work we can just head out. I'll try and update you all throughout the week but keep me in your thoughts... I have a feeling there will be a lot of anxiety for me over the next few days LOL!!!
  • Ok Disney related things.... 1.) I made a new Disney recipe last night! It was a S'mores Bake from Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch. It was super easy and very good but oh so sweet! I could only have a little before my tummy was tapping out! HA! and 2.) B had some rough expenses this month that were a little unexpected. I am going to change up that reservation at California Grill, and Flying Fish. I'll do Skipper Canteen instead of California Grill. I'm not sure what to replace Flying Fish with that would be a little less money. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry this update is not super long or exciting but I promise you that I'll have more updates once we are back from NJ, and I'm not still under the weather.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thanksgiving filled with good food, friends and family, and positivity!

Since you are staying at the Poly, an economical suggestion for the replacement of Flying Fish that my wife and I enjoyed was a relaxing sandwich and libation at Geyser Point. Would just be a monorail to the Contemporary/boat to Wilderness lodge or if you would just leave a park and take a bus there. If the weather is good, Geyser is a great spot to sit in comfy chairs and eat with a view.

Since you are staying at the Poly, an economical suggestion for the replacement of Flying Fish that my wife and I enjoyed was a relaxing sandwich and libation at Geyser Point. Would just be a monorail to the Contemporary/boat to Wilderness lodge or if you would just leave a park and take a bus there. If the weather is good, Geyser is a great spot to sit in comfy chairs and eat with a view.

You are so RIGHT!!!! I completely forgot about Geyser Point! I Absolutely LOVE it over there and that would be a great relaxing spot after a long day. Thank you for that idea, I am totally doing that.

Wow, it has been a hot minute since I was able to get on here and update everyone! I am so sorry, but life has certainly been busy around here. Let’s start with some quick updates on regular life, and then update y’all on what’s been going on with planning for WDW in Hilton Head.

Thanksgiving;
  • Met B’s family. They are all incredibly sweet people and really took me in.
  • Went and cut down my first Christmas tree while in NJ! B being as tall as he is, picked out a tree that I had a feeling wouldn’t fit…. I was right. 12 ft tree in a 9 ft ceiling house doesn’t really work. LOL It also makes for an interesting trip back to NC!
  • Once we got home we had a BLAST decorating the house and the tree for Christmas

Christmas;
  • The trip started a little rocky for us… we drove B’s truck up and on the way the truck started acting funny. We got to NJ and discovered that the transmission went in the truck.. NOOOO! The original plan was that I was going to leave B in NJ with his family for Christmas, and I would take the tuck and continue on to Boston to be with my family. B would fly up and meet me on the 27th. That didn’t happen… I ended up renting a car to get my happy butt up to Boston. The good and bad news about this is that B god a new, very nice, truck, just wasn’t expecting that expense right now.
  • I had a great time with my family, and really enjoyed getting to spend extra time with my niece. She’s such a cutie.
  • When B arrived in Boston he was able to meet my entire family, and we even took him into Boston to go to the New England Aquarium. Everyone got along really well, and I think they see why I enjoy him so much.
  • B also made me the most beautiful decoration for my new house! This guy, I'm telling you, he stalked my pinterest board and saw something like this as a decoration I wanted and BUILT IT!
  • gift.jpgchristmas.jpg

The New House
  • The new house is moving along FAST! Once the sheet rock went up it was like every day, something new was done. So far we have, kitchen cabinets, floors, a staircase leading into the house, and a driveway! We had a little hiccup where the wrong cabinets were put into the bathrooms but that is being fixed on Tuesday when they are also installing the countertops.
  • Closing could be moved up at this point but between my crazy work schedule, and our weekend trip to Hilton Head I am keeping the closing date on the 20th of February.
house.jpghouse2.jpghouse3.jpg
Disney Planning
  • Since the issues with the truck I am DEFINITELY changing up some of the restaurants. I’m going to cancel flying fish and California grill. I am sad about it but we will be back many times I’m sure, so we can forego them this trip. I’m just trying to decide what to do… thoughts?
  • Another thing I am trying to decide on is Magical Express or Uber? I usually Uber because my ME experiences have been subpar. I like to be able to just go and get there and have access to my bags whenever I want. To me it is worth the price, thoughts on how ME has been running lately? It’s been years since I’ve used it.
That’s been the extent of things lately. Where everything is coming up really quickly, I’ll have some more updates that are Disney related soon, I promise!

How have you all been? How were your holidays?!

Hey y'all,

So a few things are definitely going to have to change. With the issues with the truck, B was feeling very stressed about how much the trip was costing. I sat him down and let him know that this trip was supposed to be FUN and STRESS FREE! The fact that he was stressing was no Bueno. So I canceled dolphins in depth, and all of the signature dining reservations that I made. I reminded B that I got to keep the DVC in the divorce and we will have PLENTY of future trips to Disney together.:goodvibes We have plenty of time we can do signature dining and add tours and things.

So currently I have Coral Reef booked on our first night. I wasn't going to let that go away, B and I love fish tanks and fishing. I definitely know he is going to love it there. And I kept O'Hana. B has never done character dining and he LOVES breakfast. Other than that I think we will hit up Geyser Point one night for dinner and a drink, we will hit up flower and garden to grab some snacks at the kiosks, and other than that, I'm going to wing it for a bit, do some research on budget friendly restaurant. If anyone wants to make some suggestions, let me know.

I'm honestly happy just being at my happy place with B I don't care what we do. I hope he knows that and feels the same way.

Another thing I am trying to decide on is Magical Express or Uber? I usually Uber because my ME experiences have been subpar. I like to be able to just go and get there and have access to my bags whenever I want. To me it is worth the price, thoughts on how ME has been running lately? It’s been years since I’ve used it.

I always take ME when we do Disney resorts because it's free, but it can take awhile. We often Uber because we start at Universal, and I've never had a problem with that either. It's definitely faster.

If anyone wants to make some suggestions, let me know.

Disney Springs has a lot of good places, and some of the best QS. The more trips I take, the more I end up kind of planning our dining as we get there because there's always changes so you're plan sounds good, and if you want to add anything else or get an ADR while you're there it'll probably be relatively easy at most places.

WE HAVE UPDATED PLANS! I REPEAT! WE HAVE UPDATED PLANS!

ok, so obviously things got a little hairy there with the whole truck situation, BUT I think we have come up with some plans that everyone can live with, and are a little bit more affordable and comfortable. :cutie:

We nixed our signature dining and dolphins in depth. It was going to be too much and we can always do those another time. Here's the new agenda;

Arrival day - Coral Reef Dinner. I was NOT giving that up
Day 2 - Toledo. I recently watched one of my favorite vloggers and she and her boyfriend went here and the tapas looked amazing! They had nothing but a great review of the restaurant and food. Plus the Tapas were pretty reasonably priced. We love going out and getting apps (or Tapas) and just sharing. And the other reason I love this idea... Its NEW! I have never been here with anyone else. I can have an "us" place.
Day 3 - 'Ohana breakfast. I wasn't budging on this either. B is a BIG breakfast food person... think Ron Swanson level. Plus he has never done a character dining experience! (I know right?!) We decided we can hit up F&G booths for dinners that night.
Day 4 - Via Napoli. Also somewhere I've never been with anyone. Another first for both of us, and splitting one of their pizza's doesn't look too expensive at all.
Day 5 - Ale & Compass. Yet another new place for both of us! And I have been intrigued by this place since I saw their menu had some vegan options!
Day 6 (day we come home) - We don't leave until that night so we are going to probably grab a quick lunch somewhere in whatever park we end up at. I am still holding out for Skipper Canteen but we shall see how the day goes.

I am pretty happy with this! I think we are going to have a great time and still have some really good food!

The next big item on the agenda is getting those fast passes! I will be in Kentucky on a work trip the day we can make them. I am sad we won't be able to do it together but i have a list of the attractions we want to hit up and i'm going to get up early and book them as best I can!

Xoxo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter