Finger Scan

tndisneyfan

DIS Veteran
I'm helping a friend with a seven year old plan. It's been a long time since I've been with a younger child. Do children have to finger scan?

I'm helping a friend with a seven year old plan. It's been a long time since I've been with a younger child. Do children have to finger scan?
Yes but the parent can use their own finger for the biometric scan that is linked to the child’s ticket.

Yes but the parent can use their own finger for the biometric scan that is linked to the child’s ticket.

Oooh, can I ask a followup question about this? We've had to do this each trip with our youngest, and it's worked fine...but on our upcoming trip, sometimes he'll be going to the parks with us, and sometimes he'll be going with my parents (without us). Assuming that his fingerprint doesn't work for the biometric scan again, is there a way to handle it so that he'll be able to go to the parks with different people on different days, or do we need to rethink sending him with the grandparents? Thanks!

Oooh, can I ask a followup question about this? We've had to do this each trip with our youngest, and it's worked fine...but on our upcoming trip, sometimes he'll be going to the parks with us, and sometimes he'll be going with my parents (without us). Assuming that his fingerprint doesn't work for the biometric scan again, is there a way to handle it so that he'll be able to go to the parks with different people on different days, or do we need to rethink sending him with the grandparents? Thanks!

Explain at the first park scanner.
They can make a new scan with HIS finger.

I know this is not my post, but can you explain the finger scan. When do we do this? Why? This is my first time hearing this. Ugh. I am sorry to take over this post. TIA!!

I know this is not my post, but can you explain the finger scan. When do we do this? Why? This is my first time hearing this. Ugh. I am sorry to take over this post. TIA!!
It’s at the entrance turnstiles. 1 port is to tap your MB and the other is to place your finger, any finger, to link your biometric to the new ticket you are using.

Have you not been to WDW or DL lately?

It’s at the entrance turnstiles. 1 port is to tap your MB and the other is to place your finger, any finger, to link your biometric to the new ticket you are using.

Have you not been to WDW or DL lately?

This will be my family very first Disney Vacation. We go in 13 days. So I guess we need to go early than expected to do our fingerprints?

This will be my family very first Disney Vacation. We go in 13 days. So I guess we need to go early than expected to do our fingerprints?

Not fingerprints...finger scan. There is a difference. And yes, it's always good to be a bit early than rushing to get to whatever is you're getting to.

No reason to worry about "extra time" do this.
It is not a separate process, and you don't need to "do" anything.

Just go to the regular park entrance with your tickets or MagicBands and there will be a place
(a Mickey Mouse head) right there as you enter the park gate with a small spot to put your finger.

It all happens instantly and is just a normal part of the regular entry process.

Not fingerprints...finger scan. There is a difference. And yes, it's always good to be a bit early than rushing to get to whatever is you're getting to.

I meant finger scan. Thank you. I am learning something new everyday. I will just get to the parks 30 minutes early than expected since we have the finger scan to do.

No reason to do this.
It is not a separate process.
You don't need to "do" anything.

Just go to the park entrance with your tickets or MagicBands and there will be a place to put your finger.
It all happens instantly and is all part of the regular entry process.

Thank you.

I meant finger scan. Thank you. I am learning something new everyday. I will just get to the parks 30 minutes early than expected since we have the finger scan to do.

You get in the normal line. You scan your ticket or magic band. It’ll prompt you to put your finger on the screen. You do it. You go through. The next person in your family goes.

It’s no different than the process you’ll be doing each time you enter a park.

Feel free to go an extra half hour earlier, but it’s not needed for this process. :)

Of course, if the finger scanner can't read your finger you'll have to do it a few times and then a CM has to 'reset' the scan to match your Magic Band. That can hold you up a little bit. Happened to me a few times. No big deal, but it can be kind of annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter