Finish line of TOT

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
I know there is an official thread about this race, but after scrolling through several pages, I couldn't find any answers.

How exactly is the finish line of the TOT set up? I have participated in WDW marathon weekend, Princess weekend and wine n dine weekend where the finish was at the Epcot Parking lot and spectators could watch the finish and even take a seat in the bleachers. I have never participated in TOT and have no idea what to expect, or what info to give family members who would like to watch the finish.

Where exactly does the race end?
Will there be a spot for spectators?
Is there a little "grandstand" with bleachers like during PHM?

Does anyone have any pictures of the finish line area?

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! I have done the ToT the last two years. The 10 Miler's finish line is underneath the shadow of the ride which is pretty awesome. Unfortunately, the only way for none participants too meet you at the finish line is to purchase a after race party ticket. In the past its been over $70 dollars but I'm not sure what it is this year. If your party does not want to purchase after race party tickets you have to decide on a location OUTSIDE of Hollywood Studios. Even if you have park tickets the park itself is closed by the time the race ends. My BF normally meets me back at ESPN where are car is.

I LOVE the ToT. It is one of my favorite Disney races (and I have done almost all of them) BUT the finish line procedure is the pits! Half the fun of running is meeting your loved ones at the finish. I wish Disney would come up with a way for everyone to view this finish line (like most of their other races) not just those who wish to pay for the extra party ticket!

I hope that helps!

Oh no, that really stinks! I have been bragging these Disney races up and their awesome finish lines. My husband was able to watch me finish the Jingle Jungle 5K and of course that finish line isn't much of anything because it was at AK. He wasn't able to come to all the other races where the finish line is done up big at Epcot. And now he can actually come watch me for TOT and now again another disappointing finish line...lol.

Have you bought the finish line tix and is it worth it? We do not enjoy TOT or Rock n Roller coaster ( yes, I am a sis). What other attractions are open?

I have not attended the Finish Line party for ToT. I am sure others can speak to it though. :)

Have you bought the finish line tix and is it worth it? We do not enjoy TOT or Rock n Roller coaster ( yes, I am a sis). What other attractions are open?

If you think of it as a party ticket, it might feel better. :)

The rides you don't like are open, as is Star Tours, Toy Story, and Muppets, from what I recall from research last year.

If he goes, have him follow people that look like they know what they are doing. DH and DS, despite being extroverts, got really weird while at the party. They kept asking where they could go, and the CMs they asked didn't know and kept telling them wrong things. I saw spectators EVERYWHERE DH was told he couldn't go.

They did manage to find their way to the bleachers area at the end, but because I wasn't expecting it, was just trying to get through the end of the hot hot race, and I didn't know what the end was like, I ended up clumped all the way to my left, between two tall people. The bleachers were over on my *right*, and so I didn't see them and they didn't see me. I kept looking as I ran and cooled down, but didn't see them, and vice versa. They made their way back to the alphabetical family reunion area and I made my long, uphill way there as well, and we met where we were supposed to be.

Looking it up, it's not $70 if you buy right now.

Disney Villains Hollywood Bash Tickets:
· $55 (2/11 – 5/28/14)
· $65 (5/29 – 9/3/14)
· $75 (9/4 – sell out)

I did TOT last year, and brought my aunt (who does not run) as a spectator. It was pretty hot and humid at the race, so it's a bit of a blur--but I remember there being spectators in the bleachers as we ran through the baseball diamond at ESPN.
I bought my aunt a ticket for the after party, and I remember seeing her there to watch me about half mile before the finish--I can't remember exactly where, but it was within the boundaries of HS.

I don't think they would do a big "outside the gates" finish line AND the after party, and I really liked the after party. I've ran TOT, Tinker Bell, and Princess and TOT was my favorite, mainly because of the after party. :)

I did TOT last year, and brought my aunt (who does not run) as a spectator. It was pretty hot and humid at the race, so it's a bit of a blur--but I remember there being spectators in the bleachers as we ran through the baseball diamond at ESPN.
I bought my aunt a ticket for the after party, and I remember seeing her there to watch me about half mile before the finish--I can't remember exactly where, but it was within the boundaries of HS.

I don't think they would do a big "outside the gates" finish line AND the after party, and I really liked the after party. I've ran TOT, Tinker Bell, and Princess and TOT was my favorite, mainly because of the after party. :)

Basically, the only viewing area in DHS during the after party is near the Sourcerer's Hat and along the Pixar area. The better place being the hat since there is a lot of supplementary lighting brought in.

There is a race with a finish line outside the park and a finish party --- the Wine and Dine. In year 1 of the W&D the finish was backstage Epcot but they moved the finish line out into the parking lot due to obscene crowding. I would not be surprised to see the ToT finish move out into the open as crowds grow.

With regard tot he finish line being in the shadows of the ToT building; I poked fun at a few folks who did not see the hotel at the finish from Year 1. I am one of those who went through my inaugural race last year and remember thinking look up at the finish and failed to do so. I think the last right hand turn and the seemingly endless path up to the finish required much more focus than I expected. That coupled with a relatively invisible finish line structure due to the lack of bleachers lead me to forgetting to look :0

I love the 15k - 10 mile - 20k and half distances... they are long enough to require some planning but not so long as to require a huge amount of training.

Basically, the only viewing area in DHS during the after party is near the Sourcerer's Hat and along the Pixar area. The better place being the hat since there is a lot of supplementary lighting brought in.

There is a race with a finish line outside the park and a finish party --- the Wine and Dine. In year 1 of the W&D the finish was backstage Epcot but they moved the finish line out into the parking lot due to obscene crowding. I would not be surprised to see the ToT finish move out into the open as crowds grow.

Yes, I think my aunt was in the area near the Socerer's hat!

Good to know about W&D. I will be running that for the first time this year and again bringing a non-running friend as a spectator. I've already bought her ticket to the after party, but it's good to know what to expect as far as the end and where she could/should meet me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter