FINISHED!! Thanks for Playing!! ~ Paint Can Partner Swap Disney Theme

JohnsonsLoveDisney

DIS Veteran
Alright New Year New Swap!!!

Here we go:

Sign ups will be Jan 13-17. I will try to get them up by 10am pacific time that day. Then I will partner everyone up and post the first challenge Friday January 20th.

The swap will run until February 24th.
YOUR CAN WILL NEED TO BE POSTAL NO LATER THAN MARCH 2nd.

Please make sure you send your package with delivery confirmation, you will also need to PM me that number.

If you cannot adhere to the shipping guidelines I will ask that you refrain from swapping with us. A lot of time and effort goes into these and its always a shame when someone doesn't receive their package.

You will also need to check in with your partner at least once per week on the thread. And check in with me every Friday for the new challenge.

You will need to buy and decorate a gallon size paint can, in Disney style for your partner. I have found them at Michaels and smaller craft stores. I have access to clear ones I think they are $5.99 or something if you need one.

You will complete the challenges and put them in the can. I may have to do some research to find some really new stuff. These will consist of things like titles, journal boxes, decorated squares, etc. All things that you can use in your albums!

You can use carts, stamps, clip art. What ever you desire. As long as it looks good. We will go by our normal swapping guidelines for embellishment.

You are also allowed to add in extra goodies if you want. We'll keep it to a $10 maximum for store bought but you can always add more handmade if you want.

We will need an even number of people, since this will be a partner swap. We will have a questionarie to fill out so that you can get to know your partner. You will send to them and they will send to you. I encourage you to openly chat on the thread, pm, email, text, phone. Go ahead make a new friend. :hug:

We will also have a kid group :goodvibes

Please do not sign up for this swap if you can not make the deadline. Thanks!!!

One thing I forgot to mention and I apologize (note to self do not type up threads while the electrician is here :) ) is that we will limit this swap to Veteran Swappers and Swappers that are in good standing with our Swap Boards meaning that you have sent your groups in on time and your quality has been up to par. I will be checking in with the swap goddess :goodvibesA LOT of time, money and talent goes into a swap like this. If you are a newbie and interested we will do another swap similar later in the year and after you have completed 2-3 other swaps with us on time I will be more than happy to have you.

Here is examples from the last Paint Can Swap that I hosted.

You can take pics of your projects as you go or at the end. But please do not post them on the thread, part of the fun is the surprise that you get at the end. However I would like you to post pics of the can you receive and post them on the thread for us all to admire. :lovestruc

One question to you swappers: Would you prefer the Challenges every Friday or All at once?

Slide Show Here

Players:

JLD:banana:/ckmom97:banana:
mommy2mrb:banana:/dacky041208:banana:
:banana:mom-to-2-princesses/rlovew:banana:
Arizona Rita:banana:/DIT
LaWannaYeager:banana:/LM3K:banana:

Please PM Me your contact info. Thanks!

Challenge #1:

4 Titles
Standard 8x2 topper (other sizes are okay), welded and shadowed letters, letters on squares, circles,mini tags or other shapes, a large title tag, title on a box, borders, or altered CD.

Most cans are only about 9 inches tall but you can do a larger one and place inside the can around the side. Does this make sense?

Challenge #2-Three (3) Song/Lyric/Poem/Facts/Quote: 3 layers in total and embellished.

Challenge #3- may or may not be a challenge :)

2 Sets of 4 Inchie, or Twinchies. also known as decorated squares. You can do either size or mix and match. Must be 8 total. Minimum 2 layers, this can be 2 paper layers or 1 cardstock and 1 layer of die cut, quote etc. Please embellish as you would anything else :)

Here are some examples:
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/1583-scrapnatya/1381558-kona-cafe/?c=t
http://leiradcardmakingcorner.blogspot.com/2010/02/twinchies.html
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/gallery/member/247322-heather55555/1380035-eeyore-twinchie/?c=t

Ok so challenge #4

6 Photo Mats you can do groups of 2, groups of 3, individuals, however you want. Make any size you like. Just make sure it is something your partner can use. and as always follow the embellish rules

Challenge #5 will be an easy one- 4 paper piecings, can be anything you want. has to be a minimum of 2 layers though as most are. :) no single layer diecuts here. :goodvibes

Challenge #6 will be a 2 page LO Kit. Everything your partner will need to make a complete 2 page 12x12 LO.
This kit will include:
1 Title, Topper or Signage
minimum 4 photo mats- can be more if your idea dictates it. any size but please note the size that the mat will hold.
1 journal spot- hidden or seen, big or small
any embellishments, ribbon, stickers, paper piecings, borders.

Basically this kit will be a complete 12x12 2 page lo in a baggie. :) It would be most helpful if you include a picture of what you think the complete LO should look like.

I'm interested in seeing the photos of the past swap but it says I need a password....

also, how do you adhere things to the cans? Do you use vinyl if you use the cricut?

This is very intriguing!

Rachal- Will there be 1 challenge a week for a total of about 6 challenges?

Also- the link you gave to the old paint can swap is a locked photobucket album.

Will we be doing Disney for the challenges or whatever our partner can use- I think I could take 50 more trips and hardly need another Disney item- maybe not that many but I have a ton, whereas I have other things I use all the time and would be more likely to use?

Rebecca

I'm interested in seeing the photos of the past swap but it says I need a password....

also, how do you adhere things to the cans? Do you use vinyl if you use the cricut?

This is very intriguing!

Errrgg!! It is now fixed. I hope. I thought I changed the setting but apparently not :confused3

I used cardstock and quick dry glue as all my scrap stuffs :)
I used vinyl for these little ones that I made for Rita

ritacans.jpg

And This one I used magnet material. it was for the preschool auction.

S7301594.jpg

Rachal- Will there be 1 challenge a week for a total of about 6 challenges?

Also- the link you gave to the old paint can swap is a locked photobucket album.

Will we be doing Disney for the challenges or whatever our partner can use- I think I could take 50 more trips and hardly need another Disney item- maybe not that many but I have a ton, whereas I have other things I use all the time and would be more likely to use?

Rebecca

Yes, there will be 6 challenges plus the paint can.

If you would like your stuff to be less Disney you can let your partner know. Or we can do a general theme later on too. I've done spring, summer, fall, winter, girl, boy, general and not all paint cans but they do usually have an altered item of some sort. The idea is for your partner to make things that you will specifically use a little less gerneralized that our normal swaps.

I wanna see!

Hopefully it is fixed, let me know if it isnt. :) I am running to get more cheese for dinner. should be back in about 20 mins

This is very intriguing!

the best thing I found was the red tape that you find at Michaels and ACMoore, It's double sided but the roll looks red.

It's called Terrifically Tacky

adhesive_redlinetape1.jpg

Thanks for the replies! I felt silly asking about adhering things but i couldn't wrap my head around it given the roundedness of the can....

would my atg gun work? I just got one for Christmas :) If not, the terrifically tacky tape looks like fun...

I do believe I'd like in on this! This looks like great fun! The examples you posted both in the thread and in the album are just awesome!!

If you use thinner paper the ATG would probably work but if you use heavy cardstock like CM or Bazzill it won't hold.

Here is the one can I still have. I ended up purging the rest because I just didn't have enough room.

Can2.jpg

Can1.jpg

Can3.jpg

Really cute, let me think about it.

:banana: Such a fun swap. :banana:

Thanks for the replies! I felt silly asking about adhering things but i couldn't wrap my head around it given the roundedness of the can....

would my atg gun work? I just got one for Christmas :) If not, the terrifically tacky tape looks like fun...

I do believe I'd like in on this! This looks like great fun! The examples you posted both in the thread and in the album are just awesome!!

You can always play around with it. I use the clear ones so I find that the scotch quick dry works best.

I'm going to grab some of that tape next time I'm out.

If you use thinner paper the ATG would probably work but if you use heavy cardstock like CM or Bazzill it won't hold.

Here is the one can I still have. I ended up purging the rest because I just didn't have enough room.

Can2.jpg

Can1.jpg

Can3.jpg

Love that!!!! I was trying to remember where the one is from my swap, I think the girls took off with it at some point. Boy we have moved too many times in the last few years. :cloud9:

Lookee at my Christmas pressies! Arent they cute! I love them and they are now holding ribbon, and brads and small embellies! Thank you Rachel!

What is the dimension of the can that we are actually going to use?
Im not too worried about decorating the can as I am what the challenges will be. My cricut sucks, I know you are all tired of hearing that but its true, but I miss playing and being creative.

Rita, will be gallon sized paint cans.

It doesn't all have to be cricut. :) Sometimes its fun to pull out the old stuff and be creative.

This sounds really interesting. I'm thinking about it. I like the weekly challenge. Now to see if I've got the time to fit this in. I sure hope so!

I'd like to join this one. I did a similiar swap on another board with plastic soda bottles and this one sounds like a lot of fun.

this sounds fun! I'm in!
Megan's not really interested, maybe if you do another one she might want to join.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter