Firewood?

Thanks, we were going to bring our approved pit and don‘t want to transport firewood across state lines. Is there a burn ban?

When I was there in September, the Meadow Trading Post had lots of bags of firewood for sale. I don’t know the price though.

No burn bans, we had a very wet September. As long as your firepit is Fort approved, you’re good to go.

When I was there in September, the Meadow Trading Post had lots of bags of firewood for sale. I don’t know the price though.

No burn bans, we had a very wet September. As long as your firepit is Fort approved, you’re good to go.
Yes, thank you, I thought I was going crazy for a second! I had watched someone’s YouTube video from a couple weeks ago as they were showing what was for sale at the meadows and I swear I saw bags of firewood! Can’t remember whose video it was, so I was just checking to see if anyone here knew.
Thanks!

Concur, there's definitely firewood available at the Meadows Trading Post (matter of fact I'll be buying some next week.) Fort Wilderness requires closed top fire pits. See this post - https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...tion-a-work-in-progress.3502095/post-55829518
Yes, ours is the right kind. We did not bring it last year as we were not going to be sitting on our site a whole lot. In fact, we ended up babysitting the TFP for a bit. Based on that old thread, it sounds as if it has been lost since then :sad2:
Would you mind letting me know the price of the bags when you do? :worship:

We can only hope it went home with a furloughed CM over the pandemic closure. I understand they need all the help they can get right now.
Nope, it went missing well before the pandemic. It was left with a gentleman in site 1101 to hold until the next person on the list could come and get it. Someone (who was not on the TFP list) must have been reading these boards, knew where to go and told the gentleman in 1101 he was there to pick it up and so it was lost to us.

Also, the firepit could depend on the weather. I thought i would use mine, in fact i spent a bit of money and time modifying a propane one so it would meet disneys criteria, but when we got there oct/nov there was a heat wave. Too hot for a fire. So i humped my homemade propane pit all the way to disney and never gave a thought to lighting it up.

agreed with BigDisneyDaddy. Last year I bought large bags of firewood from a local Walmart (the closest one to the Fort did not have it). I went to one towards Lake Louisa State Park and they had massive bags for $15. It was only a 15 min drive instead of a 10 min drive.

I had been told that the fort did not sell firewood and had stocked up. Then found it there. For a couple more bucks, definitely worth just buying it at the fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!