• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks and PS @ California Grill

dpic

DIS Veteran
How do you time your PS at the California Grill in order to view the fireworks? Do you mention fireworks when you make your PS? How long can you stick around after your dinner at the observation platform. Is the platform crowded so it's difficult to get a good viewing spot?

Thanks!

We made our PS for CG a few weeks before Park Hours even came out. I was pleasently surprised that the fireworks were at 8:00, the same as our PS. But than I started thinking, what if we are still in line waiting for a table when the fireworks are going on and we don't get to see them at all. I would like to know too, can we wait out on the observation deck until we are seated?

Well I have never been there but i did a search on these boards and the responses i found was that you will not be able to see them as all the people inside are going to stay inside at there tables because they are waiting for the same thing. ALso there is the new check in policy where you check in at the podium on the second floor and then when your buzzer goes off then you get to go inside the restaurant. I would try to make it earlier if they have one available. Like I said this is just what I heard I wont know for sure until sept. i can't wait!!

I just got back and my DH and I had dinner at CG for our 10th anniversary. For that reason, they gave us a wonderful table by the window. We also checked in 45 minutes before our 8:20 ps. Wishes was at 10pm. The meal goes very slowly and the server pays close attention to your needs there. We spent 2 hours there eating dinner and had no problem staying for Wishes. By the way, the food was unbelievable. Definitely try the flatbread and order dessert!

While eating at the California Grill during Wishes, is the music that we hear the the park also playing inside the resturant?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter