Fireworks at narcoossee's or California Grill?

0FF TO NEVERLAND

DIS Veteran
So I’m trying to see where one is better strictly for view of fireworks.

Last time I went to California Grill and the food was amazing along with watching wishes.

I’ve seen some videos online of narcoossee's though and the view of fireworks looks pretty amazing there. Kinda more so then CG.

Which one has the better view? I’m assuming CG has the better romantic vibe and better food though.

So I can either do CG the day before we leave and then after hours. Then narcoosses my last night and watch fire works. Or the reverse.

Thanks for the input.

Personally I would go to California Grill before Narcoosees but had a very unpleasant experience at the latter last year. We booked an ADR about an hour before the fireworks were scheduled to start. Fifteen minutes after the start of the fireworks we were finally seated. Apparently people with earlier seating times chose to drag out their meal until the fireworks and the staff of the restaurant were helpless to get them to leave. We had a less than spectacular meal (except for the price tag) and never really saw much of the fireworks.

We saw them from CG in February and while the view was from up high and the projections on the were pretty near impossible to see we enjoyed the fireworks, were comfortable and had a pretty decent meal ... again the price was spectacular!

Have you considered the California Grill Lounge ... you might have to stake out a seat early but you don't need an ADR and don't have to spend a fortune!

I've seen them from both, and the view (not to mention the food and whole experience, IMI) is much better from Cali Grill.

I think the view from CG is better. Both are off center for the fireworks.
You will not be able to see the projections on the castle from either restuarant.
Personally, I like the food at CG better than Narcoossees.

I'm going to be the odd one out here and say Narcoossee's. We have done both and had a better time and view at Narcoossee's. If you don't get a window table at CA Grill you have no view of the fireworks so you go outside to the viewing area to watch but anyone who dined there that evening can return so we actually had to go stand outside 15 minutes before the fireworks to get a good view and this was during September not SUPER busy. Then we went to Narcoosse's we had the best server, food was fantastic, we had a table by the window but still opted to go outside to view and there were MAYBE 5-10 other people outside watching. The view is fantastic and they have the music piped in and to me it was a better view of the fireworks themselves. Either way, it won't be a horrible experience but for me, I wouldn't to CA Grill with the intention of viewing fireworks.

I’ve been to neither restaurant, but I will say you can see the fireworks from the grand floridian even better from the boat dock. And you’re so close to the Magic Kingdom, that you can actually hear the music and soundtrack being played in the park! It was pretty cool! Seems like the view of the fireworks from the top of the contemporary would in and of it’s self be a pretty cool experience! If I were to choose one, I would choose that.

Since I am not a big fan of CG (been there and didn't enjoy it), I would recommend Narcoossee's. If you want to see them at CG, I would recommend go to the lounge for pre-dinner drinks, go eat elsewhere, then return with your receipt from the pre-dinner drinks and go back up and watch the fireworks from the balcony.

That's a hard one, we have been to both, Ive had window seats at both as well but I liked going out on the dock at Narcossee it seemed it was cozier IMHO

I prefer the view from California Grill, but Narcoosee's seems to be less hassle. People don't seem to drag out their meals as much there, there's not some great struggle to get window seats, and you don't have the added crowd from everyone who dined earlier in the evening and is returning later for the show.

Cali Grill will be harder to get. You can't beat the bird's eye view from CG... Narcoossee's is great and you also get a solid view of the Electrical Water Pageant... but as someone else mentioned, some people tend to drag out their meal and Narcoossee's rarely seats during a certain timeframe. If you have an 8:45pm ressie, don't expect to be seated until after the fireworks.

Hi I made a 6pm reservation for Narcoossee on January 6th, hubbys birthday. WDW fireworks are scheduled for 8PM. How long does it usually take to complete dinner there? will I be better off changing my reservation to 6:30?

Hi I made a 6pm reservation for Narcoossee on January 6th, hubbys birthday. WDW fireworks are scheduled for 8PM. How long does it usually take to complete dinner there? will I be better off changing my reservation to 6:30?
Dinner takes about 1.5 - 2 hours so if you are slow eater than you should be fine at 6:00 p.m. but if you eat fast, then you may want to change it to 6:30 p.m.

It really depends how long you take. We tend to eat slow at the evening meal, and enjoy it. We easily will take 2 hours, other tables not so much. I would try and get 6:30 if available, then you won't need to worry.

I have CG reservations for 8:50 and fireworks are at 10 that night (Black Friday) is that a good for Fireworks viewing during our meal?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter