Fireworks Bay Lake Tower

Remember forced perspective? Yeah that. The castle's not really as big as it seems, and it's a lot further away than you may think at first. It's a great perspective view of the fireworks and probably the best anywhere of the overall show, but to me, everything, including the castle, appears almost in miniature from either vantage point. and I've watched from both many, many times.

Top of the Lounge is a really good spot. They pipe the music in through the speakers so its like you are there and no one blocks your view!
Is this true?? I ask because I haven't been there myself. But I would assume anything with a good enough view of the fireworks would have a group of people lined up at the windows to watch?

I assume you don't see the castle projections from there thought?
You wont see the projections from any view other than being in Magic Kingdom theme park. You see the fireworks and hear the music because they filter it through the speakers. You aren't seeing it from a window when you stand outside the lounge so its a really relaxed way to watch it.

I've watched the fireworks from all over the area.

Inside the park on Main Street, they are "magical" because they seem to be "right there" above or in front of you, and the projections are awesome.

Up on the railroad deck is an awesome spot to see the show.

Outside the park on the boat dock, the projections are pretty good too.

Once you get away from these spots, the projections become less and less visible.

You can see the fireworks from Frontierland, Fantasyland, Tomorrowland, etc..., but edge-view or no projections at all.

Narcoosee's and the Beach at Poly has no view of the projections. Because you can't see the castle, the fireworks not being centered behind it are not an issue.

'Ohana has only the slightest top view of the projections from the few windows that can see in that direction.

California Grille has a view of the projections, but you better bring your binoculars to see them. Also, the fireworks are kind of all over the place, not centered above the castle. The viewing area is crowded, with people standing multiple people deep.

Top of the World Lounge has a similar view to California Grille, but is usually significantly less crowded. I can't remember a time I didn't have a front row view, even showing up 10 or 15 minutes before the show.

Is this true?? I ask because I haven't been there myself. But I would assume anything with a good enough view of the fireworks would have a group of people lined up at the windows to watch?

They have an outside deck to watch from. TOTWL is actually set back a bit and while you can see some fireworks from inside the lounge you're best off going out on the deck.

I'd say the view from Cali Grill is better though - a little more head on towards the castle which gets the fireworks a little more centered. But it's not watching straight on like in front of the castle of course.

So I have a bay lake tower theme park view for two nights. Is it best to watch from my room both nights or is it worth watching from California grill or top of the world one of the nights? This is my first time at bay lake/contemporary.

So I have a bay lake tower theme park view for two nights. Is it best to watch from my room both nights or is it worth watching from California grill or top of the world one of the nights? This is my first time at bay lake/contemporary.

That's going to depend on what room you get. If it's a high floor and directly faces towards MK then I'd just be comfortable and stay in the room. The music is available on the TV. There are TPV rooms that are further around the building that will have an offset view of MK. Or lower floor. In that case I'd probably go up to TOTWL for 1 night.

We have a TPV GV BLT this December for one night. Unfortunately, I bet there still won’t be fireworks then. 😢 a party night to boot.

We have a TPV GV BLT this December for one night. Unfortunately, I bet there still won’t be fireworks then. 😢 a party night to boot.
if it's a party night there are special fireworks that you can view ---- you just have to find out what time, because it's often different from the non-party nights.

Top of the World is a great view, with the Contemporary being even better. The overlooks at the Contemporary are great. But being able to sit on your balcony, in your PJs, and watch fireworks is pretty awesome. Highlight of the the trip we took in mid-March

if it's a party night there are special fireworks that you can view ---- you just have to find out what time, because it's often different from the non-party nights.
Although it depends if they are still in the rumored “no fireworks so there are no resulting large gatherings” to help prevent Covid phase.

We own at BLT and have watched the fireworks from there a few times. Very good view. Like it was said, you go out on large balcony areas on either side of the lounge and the music is piped in.

One trip we stayed on the top floor down the hall from TOL, very convenient for the Fireworks.

Our first Stay at BLT, we were on the 8th floor the furthest from the bridge to CR. We had a standard view but we had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony in Master. We had a perfect view of Space Mountain.

I also think the bridge between CR and BLT is a great spot to watch fireworks and balcony outside of CR lobby.

We own at BLT and have watched the fireworks from there a few times. Very good view. Like it was said, you go out on large balcony areas on either side of the lounge and the music is piped in.

One trip we stayed on the top floor down the hall from TOL, very convenient for the Fireworks.

Our first Stay at BLT, we were on the 8th floor the furthest from the bridge to CR. We had a standard view but we had a great view of the fireworks from our balcony in Master. We had a perfect view of Space Mountain.

I also think the bridge between CR and BLT is a great spot to watch fireworks and balcony outside of CR lobby.
So much goodness in this post!

Our favorite spot to watch HEA is from Sunset Point over at the Poly (yes, even with the bungalows in the way), but TOTWL was a real highlight from our trip in January. It's a great spot to watch. We found a spot on the ledge about five minutes before HEA started and it was incredibly pleasant.

The bridge between CR and BLT was also clutch. We saw other fireworks from up there -- I think from Epcot -- and the immersive feeling really stuck with us.

All of that said: if I popped for a theme park view room, I'd watch HEA from my own balcony, then go explore the viewing options elsewhere at the resort afterward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter