Fireworks Cruise - MK or IllumiNations?

maine_jennifer

<font color=0033ff>Loves to sing "Old MacDonald Ha
I posted this in the Theme Park Attractions/Strategies Forum, but haven't received many responses and it keeps getting pushed down the list. I'm hoping people in this forum can help me.

In January, I'll be taking my parents on their first trip to WDW as a gift for their 40th Wedding Anniversary. Actually, we're going to be celebrating their 40 year and 5 month anniversary while we're there and on that day, I'd like to do a fireworks cruise. I was thinking of paying the extra for the one with a cake, decorations, etc., and inviting some friends that we haven't seen in a long time to join us.

Now here's where I need your help. I'm not sure which one I should choose:

Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise

or

IllumiNations Cruise

If you've done either one of these, would you please share your memories and thoughts on them? I've been on the IllumiNations cruise so I'm especially interested in hearing about the MK Fireworks Cruise.

Also, if you did a birthday/specialty cruise, would you share some details? Was it worth the extra money?

Thanks,

We have done the MK Fireworks cruise. They let you choose what resort to be picked up at...we launched from Wilderness Lodge because we had dinner at Artist Point scheduled that night also.

The MK Fireworks cruise is spectacular...all the pictures of fireworks you see must be taken from there...lol...it was picture postcard beautiful.

We did one several years ago, taking off from the Poly dock. We cruised around Bay Lake and watched the fireworks from the Seven Seas Lagoon. The view was spectacular. We didn't have any special arrangements (birthday cake, etc).

I tried to book an Illuminations Cruise on 12/20, but was only able to book a MK Specialty/Fireworks Cruise. It's something special for our last night. I think it will be a great way to end the trip. Mickey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter