Fireworks from Poly or Contemporary

Truxi

Mouseketeer
So I'm planning a trip with my and my mom, and for our first night we're not going to the parks but I'd still like to see the fireworks.

I'm torn between getting something at the California Grill lounge and then having access to the balcony, or picking up something from Captain Cooks and eating out on the beach at the Poly.

I've done the California Grill balcony and it was a really nice. I'd like to try the beach at the Poly but I've heard the sound isn't great there? Any thoughts?

I've had no problem hearing the show at the Poly beach, and even from our room in Hawaii when we open our patio doors, its my favorite place to watch other than in the park. :)

There are few place to eat on the Beach at the Poly unless you plan sitting on the sand. There is a swing if you make a left off the main Path towards the Boat Dock but you would need to be there rather early to get that... There are benches further down most are smoking sections but not used a lot but that will block the view as the Bungalows are in front. The music is not an issue through the entire resort.

I haven't watched from the Poly since the days of Wishes and pre-bungalows, but I don't recall any sound issues and I prefer the view from the Poly. Again, this is Wishes and not HEA, but as you can see, from the Poly... you are properly aligned with the castle.

6062156751_dcef9826f0.jpg

I am one that has noticed significant sound issues when trying to watch fireworks from the Poly on two separate occasions. The first time the volume was okay but there seemed to be static (for lack of a better word) that kept interfering with the sound and it would intermittently go silent and then start back. The second time the volume was just not loud enough. However, the view from Poly cannot be beat.

Given the choices I would choose Cali Grill for food but would prefer the view of fireworks from Poly.

I would do Poly as, unless you show up right at opening, there is no guarantee you will find seating at the Cali Grill lounge. You can eat at Capt. Cook's where there are tables and chairs and then walk down to the beach to see the fireworks. You can also see the fireworks from the Trader Sam's outdoor terrace where they also pipe in the music. An alternative is eating at Gasparilla's at GF and seeing the fireworks from the GF boat dock or marina.

Beach audio has been pretty good my last few times at Poly (most recent early Jan). There was a time 2017ish and maybe early 18 where there were audio problems.

But even now you can be “too far” out on the beach and the audio level starts to be an issue. Hug closer to the path and closer to the first Bungalow and you’ll generally be OK.

Have fun!

Here is a little clip from when we stayed there watching from the pathway that leads to the beach right by the pool.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter