Fireworks & Kids

anastasianicole

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been discussed until it's at deaths door, and I did my best to search for the answer to this question, but couldn't find a definite answer.

Is California Grill worth watching the fireworks at with kids? We have seen HEA before, but honestly, our view of the projections wasn't great. My kid was none the wiser, and just liked the music paired with the fireworks, but I do think she would like the projections too. I'm wondering which scenario is better for kids and fireworks.
1: Stay in MK for fireworks, somewhere near rear of hub to see projections.
2: Stay in MK & watch fireworks only from Gastons Tavern
3: Watch from California Grill.

We will be there for 3 nights, but I thought we would do Epcot, MK & ROL. Suggestions? Feedback?

You will not see any castle projections from California Grill. Although the fireworks are amazing and the observation deck, as the music piped in. (No where near as crowded).

You can also see the fireworks from the fourth floor, observation deck at the Contemporay , without paying for a meal. (Again, no projections). Or on the beach at the Poly.

When we've watched the castle projections, we have actually waited up two hours for our "good" spot. We have watched it along the fence in the hub area. We carried a blanket\towel to sit on the ground, using the fence as a backrest. When it was time for the fireworks, we stood and faced the castle "no one blocking our view".

We found "our spot" and one in our party went and grabbed snacks and we waited. People watched and had phones for entertainment.

Tip: if you chose the option of staying at hub, do not move. There is a Once,Upon A Time show after fireworks (maybe 15 minute wait). F features include Mrs Potts and Chip.

Even if park "officially" closes. Don't hurry out. Stop at ice cream parlor, grab a,sundae (we share) and a seat at the white tables. Face the castle and watch the "goodnight kiss". Happens about 15-30 minutes after "official" park closing. If staying on site,Disney transportation runs up to two hour after park cloding. Disney won't leave you stranded in the parks!

while this isn't ideal for everyone, it worked well for us.

Better than Gaston's Tavern is between the carousel and those weird castle walls. The side pyrotechnics frame the castle perfectly since it is a 180 backside view, the first part of Tinkerbell's flight is visible, the background fireworks are closer than anywhere else in the park except maybe Gaston's Tavern, and the fireworks create an immersive dome that causes many kids to jump and scream with excitement because of how intense it is. The best part is that one can arrive right up until the show starts and still grab a spot and then immediately head off to another attraction without fighting a huge crowd. Two minutes post-fireworks one can be in line at Peter Pan.

The projection show is still amazing, but is it worth the sometimes two hour wait and then more time taken away from rides post-fireworks?

that’s kind of my feeling- the crowd isn’t worth it, and if we do keep our CG Res then we are pretty much done for the night. There’s no way I’m going back over to MK with my 7 year old and fighting crowds from the bottom up. I have the CG Res if I decide to, but I think I’ll more likely end up staying behind the castle and doing exactly that, rushing to PPF.

Can you book the dessert party? If the castle view is important, do that instead of the California Grill.

Can you book the dessert party? If the castle view is important, do that instead of the California Grill.
I was going to suggest the dessert party too. I love being able to watch from an uncrowned spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter