Fireworks party price increase

I did the garden area with a FP+ in 2015. It was amazing. I hate crowds. We don't go every year either. We are every 2-3 year visitors or longer. Next trip is just DD and myself so I'm splurging on the dessert party for HEA. That's the only one. If we went every year as a family of four I highly doubt we would do the dessert party. Ever.

As for parties 4 nights a week. This really bugs me. We usually go end of August. We picked this time due to school and no parties. We had avoided Jersey Week (our other option) due to parties that week. Well this year DD asked to see some Christmas decorations so we went with Jersey Week. I am actually going down the Friday before because I knew the risk of parties that week was high so I wanted to give us some extra time (there's only two parties during our stay but the following week there is 4!). Now had I booked the last week August like we usually did to avoid parties and now seeing they have parties starting mid August...I would have been REALLY annoyed. I probably would have canceled the trip.

Everyone sees value differently and some may find the HEA dessert party a good value - value in that you don’t have to be standing in the masses for 60-90 minutes before the fireworks, which gives more time for rides. In addition, you get some desserts, maybe not the best, albeit, but you’re getting something. We did the party a few years ago on July 3rd when it was the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party. It was awesome not having to fight the crowds and having a seat to sit in up until the fireworks started. The party was much cheaper, too. That said, we are doing the HEA dessert party in June and I cannot wait. We had a heck of an experience in October, and when it was all said and done, my sons really couldn’t see any of the projections because latecomers kept squeezing in in front of us. I was more than happy to cough up the money for the dessert party this summer. I even feel like I got a bargain. I booked the first night the party dates opened for the summer at $69/person but the site was still showing the old price of $59/person. I was originally charged the $69/person price, but Disney honored the price noted on the website and refunded me (and a lot of others) the price difference. To me, the dessert party is worth every penny. There are lots of things that Disney charges a hefty price for that I wouldn’t pay money for, but others do and that’s personal preference and totally fine. It’s vacation after all and okay to splurge.

The tipping point is "what is being out of a crowd worth?" To those that really want the "prime spot" with less crowding, they'll book it with no regrets, no matter what the cost.

This is the reasoning my wife and I had when booking in January... Honestly we went to California Grill for an amazing dinner and dessert and then went, tried a few small desserts (not worth it) and then got our prime spot in the garden for HEA (TOTALLY WORTH IT!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts