First 2 weeks of December showing YELLOW already (Weekdays, NOT weekends).

Disneyliscious

DIS Veteran
Is there some event going on? I th ought traditionally the 1st 2 weeks of December were a pretty good time to go but I notice that DHS is already booked for every week day for the first 2 weeks of December (but not on Sat or Sun). Any ideas why this would be the case on a traditionally low attendance period? And why weekends wouldnt show as booked before weekdays?

Hopefully, they figure out a way to absorb the crowds by increasing ride capacity, opening closed shows, and restaurants. We are there the first week and not excited about the wait times. I understand it is what it is, but there are ways they can help with wait times, just if they do it or not is the question.

Hopefully, they figure out a way to absorb the crowds by increasing ride capacity, opening closed shows, and restaurants. We are there the first week and not excited about the wait times. I understand it is what it is, but there are ways they can help with wait times, just if they do it or not is the question.

I think one of their biggest challenges is following the CDC Guidelines with 6 ft/social distancing. If they open up other places, there is only a limited amount of room for more lines to find a place outside. Disney really is between a rock and a hard place. So glad they are open and we get to go! I feel so bad for all of the people that work at Disneyland that isn't even getting to open due to governor's restrictions.

I have a trip planned for early December that I booked last year (gee, was it only a year ago?!?). I booked my park passes first thing when they became available. Other people may be in the same situation, where the trip was booked long ago. That being said, I would not be surprised if there are still a lot of cancellations the closer we get to those dates, if the numbers continue upwards. It will at least be cooler to wait in those long lines than it was for my August trip.

I won’t comment on what is happening to Disneyland, because I might use language that would get me in trouble. I feel so bad for those CM’s, and for the people who want to visit.

I think any guidelines as to what used to be considered traditionally low attendance periods can be thrown out the window this year.

Thats not necessarily true. I mean, I believe it does have some bit of factorization into things but schools still have the same break periods and holidays are still busier. Granted, some schools are still doing virtual but the kids still have to be present to log in for video class in most cases so they can't be doing that from DW.

Thats not necessarily true. I mean, I believe it does have some bit of factorization into things but schools still have the same break periods and holidays are still busier. Granted, some schools are still doing virtual but the kids still have to be present to log in for video class in most cases so they can't be doing that from DW.

You would think, but the reservation calendars are showing different for whatever reason (hence your original question) :)

My theory is it's a popular time for DVCers to go and with most DVC resorts open, they may be a large part of the influx. I also think folks rescheduling cancelled trips probably thought the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas would be a great time to visit.

The first 2 weeks of December hasn't been a low period in over a decade.

That may be true, but the third week is wide open for some reason. We had to rebook our trip from this week to the second week in December due to an emergency and I was only able to pick up HS reservations for Sunday and Friday. As of today, those are gone now too.

HS is the only one not available. I am really hoping maybe they are lowering that capacity to make it more bearable with crowds. Maybe it has something to do with why they didn't open the rides at HS today until right before 10:00 instead of 9:00 as they have been doing. One can hope, right?!

Since Passholders can only book 3 days at a time unless staying on site, I can see why early December still has AP available. I have 3 dates before that already selected so I can't book another day til my next park visit.

I know a lot of people who's kids are doing school online that are doing traveling. Not necessarily to Disney but to other places as well. So I can see why families might be coming down early to avoid being there during Christmas. They get Disney in early December & back home for the holidays.

Not sure if you have kids doing distance learning, but for mine, there are no set times to log-in and do work. There is absolutely no teacher-led online instruction - it’s a completely parent-led thing that we can do at any time throughout the week. This is the case for almost all of our public schools statewide. Mine are little, so we could easily fit in an entire week’s worth of assignments in one day for about 4 hours. (We supplement in many ways, of course.) We know tons of people planning WDW trips because the kids can easily take a week off - without actually being counted absent for any of it.

It appears that only HS is unavailable most of Dec. Xmas day MK is unavailable. I’ve always had success the first few wks in Dec, but now with FP gone, I’m not looking forward to these ride times.

That may be true, but the third week is wide open for some reason. We had to rebook our trip from this week to the second week in December due to an emergency and I was only able to pick up HS reservations for Sunday and Friday. As of today, those are gone now too.

First 2 weeks of December are low DVC points.

This is one of the best times of the year to visit Disney thanks to the weather and decorations and this year is no exception.

While crowds have been building over the years, they are still not as bad as the two-week Christmas holiday period.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter