First aid

Liz Z

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if first aid will have diabetic blood sugar testing supplies?
I'm willing to pay for the convenience of not having to lug my testing supplies with me.

:thanks:Liz

Post in the DISabilities page
From reading those posts, I don’t think it has ever been mentioned that they have testing supplies. I think you need to bring your own.
For my DD: we carry her meter case (includes meter, 1 canister of strip, poker), some fruit snacks, and 1 set of pump supply changes. It doesn’t take up that much room in a bag.

I agree with dragonfly.
I have never seen anyone post anything regarding First Aid supplying any testing supplies.
You can test there with your one suppliesand they do have sharps containers, but I would not expect them to have any supplies for testing.
All restrooms have sharps containers in case you need a place for disposal outside of First Aid.

Does anyone know if first aid will have diabetic blood sugar testing supplies?
I'm willing to pay for the convenience of not having to lug my testing supplies with me.

:thanks:Liz

Yes, they do, They used there to test my BG when my matter just read lo ( there read the same thing) but I would not rely on there as you never know when it will not be available.

I will add that the time another person was in there asking for them to test there BG and the nurse was far from happy to do this and made this know

I will say this was at MK not sure if all the park has it. ( I asked the nurse if this was new she said. yes, they had just made the decision to have them. ) but like I said I would not rely on this.

Last edited:

Yes, they do, They used there to test my BG when my matter just read lo ( there read the same thing) but I would not rely on there as you never know when it will not be available.

I will add that the time another person was in there asking for them to test there BG and the nurse was far from happy to do this and made this know

My guess is that they are stocked for an emergency but not for regular guests coming in just so they don't have to carry their own supplies. People should be responsible and carry what they need. Then, if something happens, WDW has something for backup in case supplies are damaged, lost, etc.

Of course, if they were to charge for the supplies, that would be different? Do they charge?

My guess is that they are stocked for an emergency but not for regular guests coming in just so they don't have to carry their own supplies. People should be responsible and carry what they need. Then, if something happens, WDW has something for backup in case supplies are damaged, lost, etc.

Of course, if they were to charge for the supplies, that would be different? Do they charge?
That would be my guess too, but I could not think of how to state they might have it for emergency use only (I guess that would have been a good way to say it - LOL)

They did not charge me and the nurse was pretty much like I want to use my metter to see if you are this low I did ask her a few question on how long they had them and if anyone could use it if need be but the only thing I remember is her saying with so many people with diabetes they though it was a good idea to have. Do not remover her other answer in my low brain.

They also have glucose gel for emorgincey use

If you are like my hubby, you will want to bring along your own supplies; he is *so* picky about his lancets (I can certainly understand - I would want the finest gauge, and the most comfortable stick possible if I had to test as many times a day as he does)

His supplies don't take up much space or weight at all - and while I certainly understand wanting to not have to bring anything not actually needed, diabetic testing supplies aren't optional for folks who have to monitor their glucose levels.

You should plan on bringing along your own testing supplies. If you need to test when the Parks are closed, or when you are at Disney Springs, or at the Resort, you won't be able to unless you have your kit with you.

There is only 1 First Aid location in each park and it is not always going to be close. I can't imagine DH having to back-track to First Aid every time he wanted to test. It's so much more convenient to have your own supplies and deal with it wherever you happen to be at the time -- that might be at a meal, walking around, sitting on a bench, or even in a queue. Due to all the exercise, DH tends to run low and I can't imagine forcing him to walk back to First Aid to test and treat - by the time he got there he'd be in worse shape.

I'm not surprised First Aid has some supplies on hand for testing in the event a guest had a medical emergency while in the parks. First Aid might want or need to use their own supply to double-check a guest's own reading, if that guest came to First Aid for assistance. But considering the number of people with T1 or T2 who might be in the parks on any given day, plus how often most of those people will test throughout the day, I can't imagine First Aid stocking enough supplies even if they charged. I highly recommend you bring your own supplies, your own insulin and/or medications, and whatever you typically carry with you for treating lows. DH usually wears cargo shorts and tosses his kit in his pocket, or else I carry it in my bag.

Enjoy your vacation!

They did not charge me and the nurse was pretty much like I want to use my metter to see if you are this low I did ask her a few question on how long they had them and if anyone could use it if need be but the only thing I remember is her saying with so many people with diabetes they though it was a good idea to have. Do not remover her other answer in my low brain.

They also have glucose gel for emorgincey use

Sounds like you were there with an issue - so that's a good thing that they checked you out. That's what I meant - they have stuff for an emergency, but they don't expect to supply all the guests who have diabetes. It would be like the child care centers being expected to have diapers for every baby in the park, for free. Or supplying sunscreen to the masses as well :)

Sounds like you were there with an issue - so that's a good thing that they checked you out. That's what I meant - they have stuff for an emergency, but they don't expect to supply all the guests who have diabetes. It would be like the child care centers being expected to have diapers for every baby in the park, for free. Or supplying sunscreen to the masses as well :)
Yes all they had was one meter and one thing of strips and a few lancet not much at all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter