First cruise...... SUCCESS!!!

Yep. All of the states surrounding the Gulf of Mexico (Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana & Texas) have beaches.

I did not know for Alabama, Missisipi and Louisiana (could not point them on the map)... I knew cruises left from Mobile and New Orleans but had no idea there were beautiful beaches in the area, I think I was expecting something like NYC and Boston.

I did not know for Alabama, Missisipi and Louisiana (could not point them on the map)... I knew cruises left from Mobile and New Orleans but had no idea there were beautiful beaches in the area, I think I was expecting something like NYC and Boston.

LOL!!!
Yep, they are beautiful for sure. The further east in the Gulf of Mexico you go the better they get as well.

That's still a pretty amazing shot. The slight distortion due to the water on deck plus the sunrise makes that shot work really well.

If it makes you feel better I tend to get a bit overwhelmed on Day 1 on a new ship. First day jitters, I guess?

It's only when you take the second trip on a ship that you feel comfortable the moment you step aboard.

This has been my experience onboard DCL. Not saying that pools on the Royal Oasis class aren't crowded, but not to the extent you see on DCL.

I can see how Castaway can seem underwhelming if you have nice beaches in your area. All my nearby beaches are on Lake Ontario and that should tell you all you need to know. Still, Castaway is the nicest private island/peninsula I've been to on a cruise.
I don't know if it's any better but Lake Erie beaches make Castaway beach paradise :) It's too bad CC was in the path and it's not the best right now but I love it there and spend as much time as I can there. This is good for people like av8erdunn who get the ship to themselves :)

I don't know if it's any better but Lake Erie beaches make Castaway beach paradise :) It's too bad CC was in the path and it's not the best right now but I love it there and spend as much time as I can there. This is good for people like av8erdunn who get the ship to themselves :)
I'm sure there are some nice spots on Lake Erie, just as there are nice spots on Lake Ontario. It's just that the closest beach to me has a "lovely" view of the Pickering Nuclear Power Plant. And the water is cold year round.

I have never been to serenity bay. Our kids always wanted to stay with us at the regular beach. This will be a first for us and really looking forward to it. Even the menu I can't wait for

Being from Georgia, I have vacationed at many southern beaches. The beaches along the panhandle are the most beautiful silky white sand - like sugar. I like the clear blue water in the Caribbean and the foliage too. Castaway is nice when it isn't recovering from a storm. The water on Serenity Bay last Friday (10/18) was beautiful. But everything on the island has a man (Disney) made feel from the sand to the landscaping. I prefer the beaches on the Virgin Islands. But there's nothing wrong with it. It is a little like thinking Epcot France is a visit to actual France in my opinion.

I live on the gulf coast and we are about 1 hour away from Perdido Key Fl, little further to Destin and Panama City Beach. Don’t get me wrong, it was nice but nothing new to us. You could tell it had some erosion from the storm but they bounced back that’s for sure. The water was cloudy and you couldn’t see very well either. I am glad everyone else enjoys it too because we get the boat to ourselves.
I will say my parents have a place in Perdido Key and yes their beaches are amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter