First day help needed.

Idaho Mouse

Earning My Ears
We are bringing our son and new bride (first Disney trip) to the parks for their honeymoon at the end of July. In order to save a little money we have a red eye flight and arrive at MCO at 5:15 am. We are staying at SSR but obviously can't go to the resort until later in the day. We plan to do a morning trip to Epcot then back to the resort to refresh.
My main question is whether ME is a good option. Can we send our luggage to the resort and head to the park? Can we get to the park that early? Can we request ME so they will handle the luggage and use a ride share to get to the park?
Lots of questions and all the help is appreciated.

You can check in online in advance. It is highly unlikely that your Villa will be ready. But you can take ME to SSR at that time. The average forDME is about 90 minutes. You can leave your carryons with Bell Services and head to the park. In July it is likely that Epcot will open at 9 AM.
You have plenty of time to take DME to the resort, dropyour carry ons and head via bus to Epcot for opening

Agree with PP - you will probably arrive at SSR around 7, can drop your luggage, could grab QS brft, and head to Epcot for RD. Great start to a Disneymoon for the happy couple! Don't forget to grab Just Married button for them!

Agree with both PP, too. It never hurts to request at the front desk for an early check in. They try to accommodate whenever possible and I can’t imagine SSR is at capacity the end of July. Never hurts to mention “disneymoon” in any request, pixie dust is very possible with this type of visit!

Agree with both PP, too. It never hurts to request at the front desk for an early check in. They try to accommodate whenever possible and I can’t imagine SSR is at capacity the end of July. Never hurts to mention “disneymoon” in any request, pixie dust is very possible with this type of visit!

And sorry, by early check in, I meant asking if your room is ready, because you can check in months ahead if you choose.

Magical Express rules clearly state that you have to ride the bus if they are handling your luggage for you. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, that people let the luggage go on the bus to the resort while they rent a car and go to the parks or a restaurant, but you aren't supposed to do so.

I would definitely use ME. You can even check your carry on with Bell Services if you want, and you can freshen up in the restrooms at the check in area vs. at a super busy one at EPCOT. You will have plenty of time to get to EPCOT for rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts