First dining reservation booked!

Ha ha! I just made my first reservation too. For the WOC dessert party.

I’m struggling with making other reservations because I don’t want to be tied down. BUT this is our first summer trip in years, and I’m feeling like I’m going to need them if I want something other than QS. How many are you going to make?

Congratulations! I made ours last week and got everything I wanted: F! Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, and Cafe Orleans. We only did 1 TS, Carthay Circle, on our first Disneyland visit. I am looking forward to trying some others. It was nice to not have to wake up at 5am CST like I do for Walt Disney World. Availability was great.

And because nobody in my house cares, I’m a sharing here because I’m SO excited! :)
Well I for one completely understand your excitement. I am going to make my first reservation on Monday, and whenever I am stressed at work, I see that reminder on my Google calendar and I do my secret, internal happy dance. We lucky Disboarders know the thrill!

I’m struggling with making other reservations because I don’t want to be tied down. BUT this is our first summer trip in years, and I’m feeling like I’m going to need them if I want something other than QS. How many are you going to make?

We are going to the parks for 5 days, and I think I’ll make 5. Either dinner or lunch for each of the days. Today I booked Carnation Cafe for dinner on our first day. For the rest of the days I think I’m not sure if I’ll do lunches or dinners, mostly because we will likely go to the parks early and leave mid-afternoon for a nap and swim and then go back after dinner, staying for the evening. Any suggestions? My kids are 12 and 15, the last time they were 4 and 7 so this is a different plan of attack :)

Congratulations! I made ours last week and got everything I wanted: F! Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, and Cafe Orleans. We only did 1 TS, Carthay Circle, on our first Disneyland visit. I am looking forward to trying some others. It was nice to not have to wake up at 5am CST like I do for Walt Disney World. Availability was great.

It was easy! Our 20th anniversary is on the Wednesday, so I think I’ll do Blue Bayou for lunch. I don’t love the menu, but I love POTC and want to try it at least once!

Well I for one completely understand your excitement. I am going to make my first reservation on Monday, and whenever I am stressed at work, I see that reminder on my Google calendar and I do my secret, internal happy dance. We lucky Disboarders know the thrill!

Thank you!! I knew you’d all understand ;)

Woohoo. That means you are that much closer to your trip. Once I start making reservations it is go time.

We understand the excitement!!!

I know the feeling! Just mapping out where and when I want to eat is exciting!
The little thrills of planning a Disneyland trip!

How big is your party? We routinely make reservations for parties of 2-4 day-of, or sometimes a day in advance (we even booked a 12:30 lunch at Carthay Circle for Mother's Day on the day before this year!)... so, if you're flexible on timing and location and just want some "table service" to break up your days, you don't necessarily need to book stuff too far out.

We most often end up with Wine Country Trattoria, Carnation Cafe, or even places like Storyteller's Cafe when we look day-of, and sometimes we end up with a 1:00 lunch or a 5:30 dinner or something, so it's not for everyone... but it's certainly possible, even during busy times. I've gotten Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, etc. day-of, too... for me (as a local), I know I'm fine with quick-service if it comes down to it, so I don't mind gambling a bit in favor of flexibility.

We are going to the parks for 5 days, and I think I’ll make 5. Either dinner or lunch for each of the days. Today I booked Carnation Cafe for dinner on our first day. For the rest of the days I think I’m not sure if I’ll do lunches or dinners, mostly because we will likely go to the parks early and leave mid-afternoon for a nap and swim and then go back after dinner, staying for the evening. Any suggestions? My kids are 12 and 15, the last time they were 4 and 7 so this is a different plan of attack :)
;)

We are going for our usual five-days-in-the-park trip as well. Last time we did reservations for both Blue Bayou and Carthay. We enjoyed both, but even at just two set meals, it seemed like too much of a commitment! I think I might make a couple of less "fancy" reservations for the last couple of park days, since we will be pretty tired by then. I'm thinking maybe Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe. I'm wondering if the Lamplight in DCA will take reservations when it reopens? I feel like I read that somewhere.

How big is your party? We routinely make reservations for parties of 2-4 day-of, or sometimes a day in advance (we even booked a 12:30 lunch at Carthay Circle for Mother's Day on the day before this year!)... so, if you're flexible on timing and location and just want some "table service" to break up your days, you don't necessarily need to book stuff too far out.

We most often end up with Wine Country Trattoria, Carnation Cafe, or even places like Storyteller's Cafe when we look day-of, and sometimes we end up with a 1:00 lunch or a 5:30 dinner or something, so it's not for everyone... but it's certainly possible, even during busy times. I've gotten Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, etc. day-of, too... for me (as a local), I know I'm fine with quick-service if it comes down to it, so I don't mind gambling a bit in favor of flexibility.

Good to know that day-of might be possible. We are a couple of middle-aged park goers who are really flexible about when we eat, so that could work out for us. Thanks!

We are going for our usual five-days-in-the-park trip as well. Last time we did reservations for both Blue Bayou and Carthay. We enjoyed both, but even at just two set meals, it seemed like too much of a commitment! I think I might make a couple of less "fancy" reservations for the last couple of park days, since we will be pretty tired by then. I'm thinking maybe Cafe Orleans and Carnation Cafe. I'm wondering if the Lamplight in DCA will take reservations when it reopens? I feel like I read that somewhere.
Yeah, the downstairs part will, I want to say that I heard they'll take reservations starting June 7?

ETA: You can always make reservations and then just cancel them a day in advance if you decide you don't want them, too. :-)

Yeah, the downstairs part will, I want to say that I heard they'll take reservations starting June 7?

ETA: You can always make reservations and then just cancel them a day in advance if you decide you don't want them, too. :-)

I’m interested in Lamplight but I’ve read that it will be walk up only?

I haven’t made any for DCA yet. Any suggestions?

Woohoo!! What restaurant did you book?

So far Carnation Cafe for our first day at Disneyland (a later dinner at 7pm) and Blue Bayou for lunch on our 2nd Disneyland day. Nothing at DCA yet. The BB menu doesn’t really appeal to me, but I really want the experience! The 25th of July is our 20th anniversary, and POTC is my favourite ride, so Blue Bayou seemed like a good choice.

Questions.... I know 11:30 is the best time for waterside, but that’s too early for us. I booked 12:30, if I get there at noon to check in and express that we will wait will we get waterside?

I thought maybe we’d do BB with the Fastpass, but it looks like I have to have my tickets already? I have vouchers (Canadian) but there is not a barcode on them.

Also, can my son who is 12 order off the kids menu? I’m willing to pay an additional charge.

Thanks!

So far Carnation Cafe for our first day at Disneyland (a later dinner at 7pm) and Blue Bayou for lunch on our 2nd Disneyland day. Nothing at DCA yet. The BB menu doesn’t really appeal to me, but I really want the experience! The 25th of July is our 20th anniversary, and POTC is my favourite ride, so Blue Bayou seemed like a good choice.

Questions.... I know 11:30 is the best time for waterside, but that’s too early for us. I booked 12:30, if I get there at noon to check in and express that we will wait will we get waterside?

I thought maybe we’d do BB with the Fastpass, but it looks like I have to have my tickets already? I have vouchers (Canadian) but there is not a barcode on them.

Also, can my son who is 12 order off the kids menu? I’m willing to pay an additional charge.

Thanks!
Yes. They charge the same as the adult entrees and double the size.

Thanks!
Waterside is never guaranteed. But if you wait long enough you can likely get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!