First ever family DisneyWorld trip....Any tips PLEASE..............

mtibo05

Earning My Ears
here are the details: family of 4, girl 8 and boy 5

date : 19 - 27 august 2012 (9 days, 8 nights)
resort : Caribbean beach resort
disney pass : 8 days magic you way + park hopper + water park
food : disney dinning plan

What can i expect going on these dates about : crowds, temperature, weather, special events.....ect......

Any tips, suggestion are welcome.....

thanks

Hi! Congrats on the trip! I spent my honeymoon there in August of 2009. My tips and advice...

Plan on morning AND afternoon baths/showers. We couldn't have prepared enough for the heat and humidity! I don't think I ever wore jeans or long sleeves even at night!
Sounds like you have a nice long trip so take your time and take advantage of your park hoppers! Staying all day in one park in that heat can be exhausting!
Water is FREE! Don't bother packing it or buying a bottle of it. We would stop every half hour and ask for a cup of iced water at no charge!
Crowds are pretty heavy at this time of year so keep that in mind. It's manageable though!
We went to blizzard beach one day to escape the heat and found it even busier than the parks. Also, the water was sooooo warm that it wasn't even refreshing! Nevertheless, they ARE fun! Walkways get very hot, too!
Carry a poncho! While the pm storms are brief, they are pretty torrential!
My recommendations: spend the money And go see cirque du soleil!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter