*First ever PTR from Dis Newbie* Lo and Gmo's Trip to the World 6/1/10-6/8/10

lomorton

When it rains, it pours
Hello All!

I'm extremely new to this board(second post!) but I've been reading the boards quite regularly. Please correct me or give me advice since this is my first time doing a PTR! I figured this was a good way to organize my thoughts, and to give me an outlet for my excitement!

A little about myself.. I'm Laura, a 22 year old(will be turning 23 on this trip) from San Francisco, CA. I'm originally from a small town in Northern California but have lived in this beautiful city since I was 15! This will be my third trip to Disney World, but the first trip as an adult without my momma accompanying me! My first time was in 1990 as a toddler and the second was in 1998 with my DM, DB, DB, and DB's girlfriend at the time. Ever since that trip, I have wanted to return to the World. This trip was initially planned for the opening of WWOHP, and unfortunately it will not be open during our trip(as I had been told over the phone)...but, the positive is that the World is to the rescue, and I am excited as ever!

I am a recent college grad, having a difficult time finding a professional position in this economy, but am 100% appreciative of my current position in Wine Sales!

5895_556548520212_7102869_33124327_7615_n.jpg

My partner in crime for this trip is my DBF(in case I'm wrong, I mean my Dear Boyfriend) of 3 years, "Gmo", age 28. He is a workaholic manager, and really needs a vacation! He is a native San Franciscan who has never ventured further than Las Vegas. Needless to say, this will be a huge trip for him. He hates flying, but being the amazing guy he is, he is willing to make the trek for me. :-) I'm going to make a Disney lover out of him....it's bound to happen!

5895_556548535182_7102869_33124330_313435_n.jpg

The one member of our family who, sadly, won't be able to join us is Monkey, our pug! Monkey is three years old, adorable as heck, but not allowed into Disney Parks! :sad2: She'll be staying with my DB and his girlfriend, and will surely be spoiled!

5895_556548759732_7102869_33124375_3289214_n.jpg

We are arriving early evening on June 1 and leaving on June 8th during the morning. Our weird travel dates are due to our budget, and me scoring a great round-trip deal ($360 total incl. taxes for both of us from CA) for traveling on "off days". We will be staying off site at a Hotwire hotel for $285 for the 7 nights. Needless to say, this is a budget trip... but, that's what happens when you live in an expensive city and still need a vacation. :rolleyes1

5895_556595301462_7102869_33127113_5214232_n.jpg

I'll fill in more details later...Just so excited to be here on the board.

:cheer2:

Day One: June 1, 2010

We will be arriving in the early evening to MCO. My plan is to get our rental car, visit a local Wal-Mart, Target, or local Supermarket to stock up on bottled water, frozen foods, some prepared salads, and breakfast bars. My hope is to bring small snacks into the parks just to tide us over for the bigger meals.

After this, the option is to either head to DD or to MK. This will all depend on how we feel after the long flight from SF.

Day Two: June 2, 2010

This day will be spent at Animal Kingdom. I don't remember much from my late 90's visit to this park, but I'm very excited to go back. After reading about it, it seems like there is a lot for the DBF and me to do.

We are looking forward to Kali River Rapids, Expedition Everest(just me, not the DBF), Kiliminajo Safari, Dinosaur, and Lion King.

Any advice for dining in AK? Most likely, we will not be doing sit-down, so any recommendations or advice for quick service would be appreciated! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter