First Mother/Daughter(s) WDW trip!

joziesbunch

Earning My Ears
Hello all! First time posting here, long time lurker :angel:! We've been to WDW as a family but this is the first time it will be just myself and my 2 daughters. Something I've always wanted to do and this will probably be the only chance as my youngest will be starting University in the fall. This will also be our first time staying on site :cheer2:!

Here are the particulars:

Who's going? (I have to figure out yet how to add pictures, sorry)
Myself
DOD (19, will be just shy of turning 20)
DYD (18)

When?
Saturday, July 28 - Wednesday, August 2, 2018. Flight arrives in Orlando at 11:50 a.m.

Where staying?
All Star Music Resort

We will do 2 parks (not park hopping, just a personal preference). We will for sure do Epcot and not sure of the other park. Either Magic Kingdom (DOD choice) or Hollywood Studios.
The other 2 full days will be just lounging around. We will go to "Downtown Disney" one night. If we get tired of laying around the pool I would welcome any suggestions?!:thanks:

I don't like to do ADR on park days because I don't like to be on a time clock but would maybe do one on a non-park day? Suggestions?

Thanks for checking in with me. I hope to get better at this (i was real nervous typing this up for some reason :scared:)

Last edited:
I am so jealous!! One day I hope to do mother/daughter trip. I know if it was us, we would do MK (without a doubt) and HS especially with Toy Story Land being open late June. And I am not a Star Wars fan but the fireworks show at HS is amazing!!! That's just me though, I feel like Epcot is just not my thing and there's never enough to keep me there all day, even though I did enjoy Test Track and Soarin...I'm glad we had hoppers for that reason.

There's all kinds of restaurants in Disney Springs (no longer Downtown Disney) and the shops are amazing. You can see a movie there at AMC or go bowling at Splitsville..I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!!

Last edited:
I am so jealous!! One day I hope to do mother/daughter trip. I know if it was us, we would do MK (without a doubt) and HS especially with Toy Story Land being open late June. And I am not a Star Wars fan but the fireworks show at HS is amazing!!! That's just me though, I feel like Epcot is just not my thing and there's never enough to keep me there all day, even though I did enjoy Test Track and Soarin...I'm glad we had hoppers for that reason.

There's all kinds of restaurants in Disney Springs (no longer Downtown Disney) and the shops are amazing. You can see a movie there at AMC or go bowling at Splitsville..I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!!

Thank you for your suggestions! We decided on HS as our second park. And I have a list of things to shop for at Disney Springs! I better put some more money aside :laughing:!

Slowly but surely I will get the hang of this. Still can't figure out how to post pictures. Can somebody help me with that? :confused:

I'm a planner and I always have all our family trips itinerized. It's actually crazy. I'm trying to not be so detailed this trip, however, no promises.

Day 1 - Arrival Day:mickeyjum
After we've checked out the resort and laid by the pool, we head to the Boardwalk resort. We've never been there and after checking it out online it looks like a fun place to be. Can't really stay out too late because...

Day 2 - Hollywood Studios - Morning Extra Magic Hours:coffee:
Hopefully we get there first thing and head straight to Toy Story Land. I didn't book FastPasses so we better get our butts up and get there early. I figured we may be there most of the morning and saved the FastPasses for StarTours just before lunch, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster mid-afternoon and Tower of Terror right after that one. The plan is to see Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage at 2:00. I've seen it before but my girls haven't and I know they will love it.
This should leave us plenty of time, I think, to wander the park and catch anything that doesn't have too much of a wait as I do anticipate the hot weather. We have seen Fantasmic so I will leave that up to the girls if they want to see that again. See, I'm letting go of my planning OCD.

Day 3 - Relax, Disney Springs
DOD wants to make sure she has lots of time to lay by the pool so today we will do that and then head to Disney Springs maybe after dinner or maybe before, we'll play that one by ear. I have lots of things I want to shop for. I turn 50 this year so here's my list so far: Disney Alex & Ani bracelet, I don't have a Pandora bracelet so I was thinking of getting a Disney one plus some charms of course, I need some Disney wine charms, hopefully I can find that there, I love big bags and for whatever reason I don't have a Disney one so add that to my shopping list. I'm sure I will think of some more things.

Day 4 - Epcot - Evening Extra Magic Hours
I love Epcot. My kids aren't old enough to drink in the U.S.A. yet (it's 19 in Canada so DOD is a little bummed she can't drink around the world) so we will eat around the world and the girls are excited about that. The plan is to get to Epcot at park opening and head straight to Soarin. Then I have a FastPass for Spaceship Earth. The girls have only been to Epcot once and didn't get a chance to see this so I booked the FastPass to make sure they could cross this off their list. Then we head to Epcot and start eating. We start at Mexico and work our way around. It works out perfectly as I booked an early afternoon FastPass for Frozen Ever After. None of us have seen this so I'm pretty pumped to see it. Every time I've been to Epcot we are usually rushing at the end so this is why I decided to visit the park on an Evening Extra Magic Hours Day. We can hopefully take our time and if there is time then we can do TestTrack.

Day 5 - Relax
Our last full day/night. No plans. Relax. Pool. Pack.

Day 6 - Head home
We have an early evening flight but I think from what I've read, the resort books the Magical Express real early? Like 4 hours before your flight? Can anybody confirm that?

So that's my pre-trip plans. Do the park days sound doable? Is there something we should see or check out at another resort or at HS or Epcot?

Getting excited, only a month and a half to go.
:cool1::cheer2::banana:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter