First Post! (be gentle) Teachers Best Times to Visit

Thanks everyone for even more of your comments they have convinced me not to be afraid to dive in to different times during the school year and see what happens. We are going last week in August 2019, but for 2020 I am thinking either her Feb or April break. Will report back!

Last edited:
My husband and I were teachers for 40 years. During those years our favorite time to go was the first of June. Now that we are retired, we go late November and early April.

My wife is a teacher, and this is what we do. Her last day this year is 5/31, and we fly out on 6/1. I don't think I could handle the holiday crowds, so I would always recommend going early in the summer, or in your case late in the summer...when parts of the country are back in school. It's hot, but the crowds seem manageable. I look forward to being able to go in the Fall/Winter again when she retires.

Andy

My kids are approaching the school holidays only age and I'd resigned myself to the very end of august for lowest crowds. The earlier post saying that July was pretty low surprised me. Has that been other people's experience also?

I'm a teacher. We went in July. The crowds were impressive but we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything (and only did that once). It's very doable if you use FastPass+ smartly and make ADRs. We had a wonderful time and they were the best holidays we've ever had. Bottom line is, I understand that you might want to find a less busy time but even with insane crowds, Disney World is marvellous. We never felt like we were swimming in a sea of people. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter