First PTR EVER! My birthday and baby's first trip to Disney Aug 25 - Sep 2 2010

airforcemomof2

Mouseketeer
Hello anyone who will listen! :) I'm Cathy, DH is James and we now have 3 little ones under our roof! Caitlyn is 10, Tristan is 8, and SURPRISE!! baby Kaden is 7 months! :lovestruc I am active duty military (for 9 more months!) and have decided to take advantage of some of the discounts before I get out of the military. We have done WDW in 2003 and stayed at CS and in 2006, we sailed the Wonder on an 11 day cruise and met up with a bunch of folks from DIS-even won the door decorating contest! (best vacation EVER!!) I wanted to do a "land and sea" type vacation this year, but we decided to hold off on the cruise until Fall 2012 when Kaden will be 3...that way we can take a longer cruise. ANYWAY, I am just starting my preparations for this trip. 1 Sep 10 will be my 34th B-day! I love, love, love all things Disney. Have priced out the airfare, tickets, resorts, ect...and now have to make some decisions rather quickly. I am thinking of CBR or POR, or I can save about $400 and do ASMo, but I hear it's not that great and I want a great pool! I also want to plan out the days and am trying to figure out if I want the park hopper tickets or the 1 park a day tickets. The price difference there for 7 days is $200. What do you think? Anyone else traveling the same time? I am up for any and all advice. It's been awhile since I have done the parks, and my 2 kids are MUCH older now. Thanks in advance and I can't wait to "meet" you!

I got an e-mail today from DU and they are helping me make my reservations. I have already made reservations to dine at Crystal Palace..what are some other must not miss dining experiences? I told the kids that we were going to Disney at the end of the year, and although they are excited, I don't think they really KNOW what to be excited for. My DD asked, "is it better than Hershey Park?" LOL Yes, dear..it's better! I am so flippin' excited! I can't even concentrate at work!! :laughing: I heard abou the MNSSHP, but it doesn't start until the 14th, not sure I want to go and pull the kids out of school to go, does anyone know if it's worth it?

So DU came back with a quote for 8 nights at POR (standard room) and standard dining for $1926. Does this seem like a good price?

I went ahead and made reservations with Dreams for a stay at CBR, water view room from 25 Aug - 2 Sept 10. I have started making my dining ressies and am finding it very overwheming! I just hope I make the right choices. I purchases airline tickets, so we are now set! I am so freakin' excited! Now I need to make a schedule of what days we are going to do each park and what we are going to do there. So much planning, so little time!

So it's been awhile, and I have made some changes. Third times a charm when it comes to hotel reservations...we are now staying at WL cabins. I am happy with our decision, the baby can nap in the bedroom and we won't disturb him. We are renting a golf cart from off campus so that will make getting around much more convienent. Now that they have free dining, I wonder how crowded it will be? I have made all my ADR's, I don't have it here at work, but when I get home, I'll post them for your opinions. I cannot wait for this trip!

Cathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter