First ride for first timers at both parks?

My tradition has always been to ride the train around the park first thing every Disneyland trip. For DCA I don't really have a first ride every time, but my favourite was always Tower (I guess it will be Guardians now). Loved Radiator Springs Racers too. I used to love Soarin' until they replaced it with the World one with all the stupid distortion.

I remember taking my children when they were 2 (DS) and 6 (DD). My son had his head inside my sweater crying during Pirates and HM was way too much for both of them. I think most of the FL rides are dark and scary except for PP. I'd say PP or IASW in DL and TSMM or Ariel in DCA. I really like the idea of the pp to first take the train around DL and then walk slowly down main street before getting to the rides.

I always start with the iconic Dumbo. It's out in the open, not too thrilling but fun and not scary!!! In CA we usually start with Soaring if everyone can ride or Toy story!!!

I would say the very first ride should be the Disneyland railroad.
In DCA, I would say Maters would be the best First ride for a family with Small ones.

We usually ride the railroad first thing...
Last year I changed that plan a bit and rode the King Arthur carrousel first! (We did Snow White and Pinocchio afterwards because they were walk on) and then we took main street transportation (we love those as well) back to the railway station and finally rode the railroad.

We don’t really have a tradition for DCA...

I'd pick either Small World or Winnie the Pooh for Disney, and completely agree on Toy Story for California! Or perhaps Mickey's Philarmagic? I haven't seen the one in CA yet, but if it's the same show as WDW then that's definitely top of the list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!