First RIV resale contract sold for?

What happened to the MFs?
MFs are probably why Disney passed on ROFR so they wouldnt have to
pay them. I would imagine that the contacts they got back thru having them repossessed were rented out thru discounts.

And what happens when there are many resalers & DVC changes the booking window for DRR - 11 months direct, 9 months resale, 7 month trade in. & now you can’t get a studio in the fall and don’t have enough points for another season? I’m serious here. Better off with a traditional fixed week timeshare off property.
Life is full of "what iffs".

Two contracts listed at Fidelity for $170.
I dare someone to offer $100/point for one of those contracts!

There’s no way that I would pay $170/point, or even close to that price, for a resale contract with DVC’s draconian restrictions. I feel sorry for the sellers. They’re going to take a bath.

I dare someone to offer $100/point for one of those contracts!

There’s no way that I would pay $170/point, or even close to that price, for a resale contract with DVC’s draconian restrictions. I feel sorry for the sellers. They’re going to take a bath.

I wouldn’t offer $100, when I can pay $100 for Saratoga or OKW points. In my book, they are still more valuable than DRR. Shoot, I’d even take the non-wdw over DRR.

I wouldn’t offer $100, when I can pay $100 for Saratoga or OKW points. In my book, they are still more valuable than DRR. Shoot, I’d even take the non-wdw over DRR.
Yes, I agree with you on that point. But $100/point was the selling price on the first RIV resale. It set the precedent.

FWIW, I’m riding Frontier Communications (FTR) all the way to the ground. I bought in just after they purchased the FIOS network and subscription base from Verizon. I thought they’d do well ... I was wrong. I had no way of knowing they failed to purchase the management software to support their operations. Wowza. What a surprise.

Well, Verizon intentionally strong-armed them - the backstory is nuts. Well, not that nuts for these telecom conglomerates.

Too high risk for me given recent DVCMC moves. If you’re not high risk averse, go ahead.
Oh I would jump at it if something came up at Riv at $50/pt....just like tons of others would also even if they (for some reason) won't admit it here.

I would be worried about try to use resale RRR points for rentals. Most renters rent at 7 months or less and I think that RRR is eventually going to be hard to book at as resale and direct owners start booking as early as possible.

SSR at $100 would be a much safer purchase than RRR. I look forward to seeing Pete's availability charts 5 years from now.

Well, Verizon intentionally strong-armed them - the backstory is nuts. Well, not that nuts for these telecom conglomerates.
Awww, nuts. Now you have me thinking back through my years with WorldCom/MCI. Shoot. I liked Bernie Ebbers. Who knew??

Oh I would jump at it if something came up at Riv at $50/pt....just like tons of others would also even if they (for some reason) won't admit it here.
I wouldn't in any way; wouldn't consider it for a second. I have no interest in the resort so why would I pay anything for the cost and 50 years of MF's? Now, if it was $50 direct, of course, I'd buy in a heartbeat.. not resale. I am 100% certain the sellers of the Riv contracts on Fidelity will have ZERO interest at anything above $120pp and that is being very generous imo.

I wouldn't in any way; wouldn't consider it for a second. I have no interest in the resort so why would I pay anything for the cost and 50 years of MF's? Now, if it was $50 direct, of course, I'd buy in a heartbeat.. not resale. I am 100% certain the sellers of the Riv contracts on Fidelity will have ZERO interest at anything above $120pp and that is being very generous imo.
If I understand what you are saying it makes no sense. You are saying you don't think the sellers will get anything above $120. Say that is true.....then why wouldn't a person be happy they bought at $50 and if they didn't like the Riv, SELL it at $120 (a price you suggested) and make $70/pt on the sale? I'll even go further and say a profit minded person would buy at $50 JUST TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT. Why is that concept so hard for some on here to understand. I will be back to this thread in a couple years and gloat when resales have been out there for a couple years and $50/pt is a confirmed no brainer.

If I understand what you are saying it makes no sense. You are saying you don't think the sellers will get anything above $120. Say that is true.....then why wouldn't a person be happy they bought at $50 and if they didn't like the Riv, SELL it at $120 (a price you suggested) and make $70/pt on the sale? I'll even go further and say a profit minded person would buy at $50 JUST TO MAKE MONEY OFF OF IT. Why is that concept so hard for some on here to understand. I will be back to this thread in a couple years and gloat when resales have been out there for a couple years and $50/pt is a confirmed no brainer.
I believe that we can agree someone would be interested in the above scenario just not those of us who responded. I don’t imagine I speak for everyone though, just myself... Curious, do you own DVC?

I believe that we can agree someone would be interested in the above scenario just not those of us who responded. I don’t imagine I speak for everyone though, just myself... Curious, do you own DVC?
It's more than that....it seems to be people with absolute closed minds about buying this property at $50/pt. They know that at that price it would be a steal but for some reason absolutely will not acknowledge it. I mentioned buying it at $50 even if it was just to flip the property for some profit and someone actually said that I was assuming I could get the $50 back out of it. That statement is so far beyond insane I laughed. Has anyone EVER heard of a brand new DVC property as grand as this one selling at $50 or less even on the resale market? No. To answer your question, I do not own DVC. (I would for $50/pt for Riviera though haha) We are completely happy staying at the POP on our trips. If I had 200 dvc points somewhere, the maint fees would be about as much as the hotel cost for the week at POP plus I'd still have to pay for the actual points. So, at the moment dvc doesn't make sense to us.

It's more than that....it seems to be people with absolute closed minds about buying this property at $50/pt. They know that at that price it would be a steal but for some reason absolutely will not acknowledge it. I mentioned buying it at $50 even if it was just to flip the property for some profit and someone actually said that I was assuming I could get the $50 back out of it. That statement is so far beyond insane I laughed. Has anyone EVER heard of a brand new DVC property as grand as this one selling at $50 or less even on the resale market? No. To answer your question, I do not own DVC. (I would for $50/pt for Riviera though haha) We are completely happy staying at the POP on our trips. If I had 200 dvc points somewhere, the maint fees would be about as much as the hotel cost for the week at POP plus I'd still have to pay for the actual points. So, at the moment dvc doesn't make sense to us.
This is all academic to you then. You’ve risked nothing on the system in question and are ridiculing those of us who are unwilling to hand over our hard earned cash when the current management has done nothing but undermine member confidence in the last year?!? Never mind. I won’t bother answering you anymore.

I will be back to this thread in a couple years and gloat when resales have been out there for a couple years and $50/pt is a confirmed no brainer.
Enjoy it. You'll have earned it.

But using my own argument from Skier Pete's recent thread on "Sell me ...", I wouldn't purchase Riviera because it doesn't make me smile. I do not like the property. I think the interior is dreadfully ugly and dated. I do not want CBR as a visible neighbor; I do not want a high-rise tower. I do not want to take one gondola to a transfer station to take a 2nd gondola to reach DHS. I do not want to share gondolas with another resort. But most importantly, as we are discussing the resale side of Riv: I do not want to be restricted to that one resort and faced with (likely) very limited inventory.

I.do.not.like.it. Thus, I.will.not.buy.it. This is my reality and the 'no brainer' for me.

This is all academic to you then. You’ve risked nothing on the system in question and are ridiculing those of us who are unwilling to hand over our hard earned cash when the current management has done nothing but undermine member confidence in the last year?!? Never mind. I won’t bother answering you anymore.
I haven't ridiculed anyone. It seems that "members" think it is their way or no way....no outside thoughts are welcomed. If a longtime "member" suggested the same thing I did......the flock would have supported them 100% and agreed whole heartedly. Anyway, I'll be back to this thread after a couple years of resale on the resort....you will get the notification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!