First solo trip, HELP!!

DisVol98

Earning My Ears
This is my first time posting on the boards, but I need some advice! I’m taking my first solo trip in March to the world, and I’m not sure where to stay. Right now, I’m booked at Poly, but I’m thinking about switching to a Bay Lake view at the Contemporary as it would complete my hotel journey around the monorail loop. I’m also not sure if I should do the deluxe dinning plan and eat at some of those restaurants my family normally won’t go to! Im new to the solo thing so any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful!

If you normally compromise to travel with people and have some things on your personal wish list, now is the time!

The answer to any “should I” is “absolutely yes!”

It sounds like you might be fixated on the monorail loop and completing the trifecta. I cannot comment on the dining plan, but highly recommend you try The Wave at the CR; the bacon and egg appetizer is stellar!

i would kill to stay at the poly, but a bay lake view at the contemporary is just as awesome. do what you want to do! now is the time to do things you wouldn't get to do if you went with someone else

This is my first time posting on the boards, but I need some advice! I’m taking my first solo trip in March to the world, and I’m not sure where to stay. Right now, I’m booked at Poly, but I’m thinking about switching to a Bay Lake view at the Contemporary as it would complete my hotel journey around the monorail loop. I’m also not sure if I should do the deluxe dinning plan and eat at some of those restaurants my family normally won’t go to! Im new to the solo thing so any thoughts or suggestions would be helpful!
Think twice about the dining plan unless you are a big eater. It is a lot of food and when I dine solo or order, and eat a lot less than when I am with other folks.

Think twice about the dining plan unless you are a big eater. It is a lot of food and when I dine solo or order, and eat a lot less than when I am with other folks.

In addition to the volume of food you have to eat to be worthwhile, I decided not to get the dining plan because my selection would (ironically) be reduced.

I’d feel obliged to order the most expensive thing on the menu to get my money’s worth... even if I would prefer a dish that was lower priced.

DDP is fun! This will be my first trip without it, but only because I'm going solo. (I'm doing the regular dining plan this time.) The only warning I have for the DDP is - it will chew up a lot of time sitting down at restaurants. If this is a leisurely trip for you away from the parks though, it will be fine. Yes, it's a lot of food. But it's a wonderful opportunity to experience a lot of awesome restaurants. Poly is amazing, btw. Tough choice you have there.

I would reconsider the DDP as it is a lot of food and may tie you down to sitting down. Be free spirited and just wing it. The poly is super fun but Bay Lake is just a walkway away from Magic Kingdom and you do have the monorail loop along both. I'm leaning more toward Poly for you as it also has Dole whips on site, always a good choice!

For this reason (bolded) i would definitely choose to stay at the Contemporary. ALSO, its nice that the resort is right across from MK. Easy walk across if the wait for the monorail is too long. This is a huge bonus in my eyes.

Lastly, You can still go to the restaurants your family wouldnt normally go to even if youre not on the DP. The Deluxe Dining Plan is a lot of food BUT it sure as heck is fun at the same time. Whatever you choose, it'll be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts