First stay at BCV

AdamsMum

DIS Veteran
So I own at both BWV and BCV but this is my first stay at BCV. I have to say I`m really disappointed in this room. Room 461 studio.

First there`s no dresser to put your clothes in. There are a couple of weird boxy drawers in the murphy bed more like filing cabinet drawers. Actually there are 4 but one of them has a lock on it and its locked. What`s that all about?

The room is okay otherwise the usual studio stuff.

My main disappointment is the balcony. I`m not a stay out late person, I like to come home before parks close and sit on the balcony, usually with a glass of wine and watch people go by, or if I`m lucky enough to have scored a boardwalk view room, watch the fireworks. Even in a standard room at Boardwalk I can sit out and watch people go by. This room at BC is way down the end of the hall, in the back of the resort, surrounded by tall trees. The balcony is really dark and creepy place. The only indication of civilization is the noise from the cars driving past on the road behind the trees.

I feel totally disappointed in my first stay here, I`m here for 5 nights. I`ll have to make a point of staying out later, I guess.

Did you stay/ investigate the BCV before you purchased? The BCV are in the former CM parking lot behind the BC. This is well known. Balcony sizes vary. But you will NEVER have views similar to Boardwalk View. You should have known that before you purchased

I didn`t expect it to be comparable to a boardwalk view, but I also didn`t expect it to be so dark and creepy I can`t use it. The size of the balcony is not a problem.

I didn`t expect it to be comparable to a boardwalk view, but I also didn`t expect it to be so dark and creepy I can`t use it. The size of the balcony is not a problem.
What do you find “ dark and creepy “? If the size of the balcony is not a problem, what is?

It`s dark, surrounded by tall trees so no moonlight even. The balcony is quite large actually, but I don`t feel safe out there in the dark. Anyway, was just having a little meltdown as I was disappointed in not being able to use the balcony at night. After that I went out to Epcot and watched illuminations. Then I felt better.

Ironically we got a first floor quiet pool facing BCV 1 bedroom and we WANTED and requested the dark Epcot/forest facing room. It's all about what your needs are :santa: . We wanted that view so our young kids could nap. I have to say though that even being directly on the quiet pool(and elevator AND ice machine ugh) the room was very well sound proofed.

So I own at both BWV and BCV but this is my first stay at BCV. I have to say I`m really disappointed in this room. Room 461 studio.

First there`s no dresser to put your clothes in. There are a couple of weird boxy drawers in the murphy bed more like filing cabinet drawers. Actually there are 4 but one of them has a lock on it and its locked. What`s that all about?

The room is okay otherwise the usual studio stuff.

My main disappointment is the balcony. I`m not a stay out late person, I like to come home before parks close and sit on the balcony, usually with a glass of wine and watch people go by, or if I`m lucky enough to have scored a boardwalk view room, watch the fireworks. Even in a standard room at Boardwalk I can sit out and watch people go by. This room at BC is way down the end of the hall, in the back of the resort, surrounded by tall trees. The balcony is really dark and creepy place. The only indication of civilization is the noise from the cars driving past on the road behind the trees.

I feel totally disappointed in my first stay here, I`m here for 5 nights. I`ll have to make a point of staying out later, I guess.

I totally agree with you on the lack of drawers for storage space. We end up utilizing the three in the armoire, the two in the coffee table, the nightstand drawers AND the closet. The fourth drawer you referenced (locked) contains the internet and tv related equipment. Bell services (the bellman had no idea why it was locked) ordered maintenance for us the first time we stayed after the renovations. Maintenance man arrives and informed us that all of the rooms have the locked drawers with the equipment. Really inconvenient given how little drawer space there is in the room. I really thought that BWV had small dressers until I came upon these.

We have been told that when assigning rooms, BCV attempts to place families on the first floor and couples on the higher floors. Obviously, space/room choice makes a difference, but BCV consistently fails meeting any of our (older couple--nno kids in the party) requests. I would really not like the area you were placed in so I should count my blessings--we've not been assigned down at that end.

Sorry you aren't enjoying your stay. We love BCV. We don't use the drawers, so that's not an issue, and when we bought in we were well aware that you do not stay at BCV for views. Our first time there was on rented points and we received a 1st floor room, when our only request was 'higher floor', and we had a view that I can only describe as drainage ditch/service road, it was ugly and loud out there, we spent the whole trip laughing about our terrible view. We still bought in a few years later as we love everything else about BCV, when I want views I book a different resort!

I totally agree with you on the lack of drawers for storage space. We end up utilizing the three in the armoire, the two in the coffee table, the nightstand drawers AND the closet. The fourth drawer you referenced (locked) contains the internet and tv related equipment. Bell services (the bellman had no idea why it was locked) ordered maintenance for us the first time we stayed after the renovations. Maintenance man arrives and informed us that all of the rooms have the locked drawers with the equipment. Really inconvenient given how little drawer space there is in the room. I really thought that BWV had small dressers until I came upon these.

We have been told that when assigning rooms, BCV attempts to place families on the first floor and couples on the higher floors. Obviously, space/room choice makes a difference, but BCV consistently fails meeting any of our (older couple--nno kids in the party) requests. I would really not like the area you were placed in so I should count my blessings--we've not been assigned down at that end.

We are also an older couple who have stayed at BCV 3 times. We always ask for quiet pool view, high floor. Every time our request has been granted. Maybe just lucky.

We are also an older couple who have stayed at BCV 3 times. We always ask for quiet pool view, high floor. Every time our request has been granted. Maybe just lucky.

Our requests are always, first floor, close to lobby and pool view. Our last two stays we have had a woods view down the long hallway in the center of the building--1/2 way to the parking lot and 1/2 way to the lobby. Our first stay we did receive first floor and near the lobby but I didn't make any requests that time--may be the key! :sunny:

I rarely stay at BCV in winter, for me it is all about SAB! However, I agree about lack of storage in studio! Still, I hope you enjoy your stay turns into a good memory for you.

It`s dark, surrounded by tall trees so no moonlight even. The balcony is quite large actually, but I don`t feel safe out there in the dark. Anyway, was just having a little meltdown as I was disappointed in not being able to use the balcony at night. After that I went out to Epcot and watched illuminations. Then I felt better.
Then I would advise you to never book Boulder Ridge because one entire side of the villa building faces the woods. It used to be all woods until they took out the old pool and put in the new one.

Thanks for that info about the locked drawer. It was a mystery to me, but it makes sense that they wouldn`t want anyone tampering with that stuff.

Our requests are always, first floor, close to lobby and pool view. Our last two stays we have had a woods view down the long hallway in the center of the building--1/2 way to the parking lot and 1/2 way to the lobby. Our first stay we did receive first floor and near the lobby but I didn't make any requests that time--may be the key! :sunny:

I made no room requests, gave that up long ago. Most of my trips are BWV and room requests usually end up getting me the opposite of what I request. The only thing guaranteed there is the booking category, for me anyway.

Then I would advise you to never book Boulder Ridge because one entire side of the villa building faces the woods. It used to be all woods until they took out the old pool and put in the new one.

I have actually stayed in a woods view at Wilderness Lodge before rooms were converted to villas. I wasn`t on a solo trip at that time. So the dark balcony only affected my ability to read out there. I didn`t feel unsafe. This is only my second solo trip, I`m thinking better planning.

For anyone who`s okay with a dark balcony, this one is large and could easily accommodate 4 chairs although only 2 are supplied.

Sadly, today is my last day. I`ve really enjoyed being here at this time of the year, and only 2 days were unswimmable temperatures. Couple days of light on and off rain, but that doesn`t bother me. The parks have been very busy, but I guess that`s the norm these days. Early trip to the airport tomorrow, and back to work Monday.

I made no room requests, gave that up long ago. Most of my trips are BWV and room requests usually end up getting me the opposite of what I request. The only thing guaranteed there is the booking category, for me anyway.

I have actually stayed in a woods view at Wilderness Lodge before rooms were converted to villas. I wasn`t on a solo trip at that time. So the dark balcony only affected my ability to read out there. I didn`t feel unsafe. This is only my second solo trip, I`m thinking better planning.

For anyone who`s okay with a dark balcony, this one is large and could easily accommodate 4 chairs although only 2 are supplied.

Sadly, today is my last day. I`ve really enjoyed being here at this time of the year, and only 2 days were unswimmable temperatures. Couple days of light on and off rain, but that doesn`t bother me. The parks have been very busy, but I guess that`s the norm these days. Early trip to the airport tomorrow, and back to work Monday.
Boulder Ridge is even woodier than WL. All you have is woods between the villas and the bus stop. At Copper Creek you don't have a woods view.

But this just goes to show you that DVC, while they allow you to have five in those tiny studios, they really don't want you to or at least not stay very long if they don't give you anywhere to put your clothes.

Boulder Ridge is even woodier than WL. All you have is woods between the villas and the bus stop. At Copper Creek you don't have a woods view.

But this just goes to show you that DVC, while they allow you to have five in those tiny studios, they really don't want you to or at least not stay very long if they don't give you anywhere to put your clothes.

At Wilderness Lodge I was facing the DVC building, no woods, but it was called a woods view. But I agree, not providing any storage, they don't really want to have 5 staying more than a few days. I can't imagine 5 staying in those rooms. The murphy bed would have been handy for me when I had a teenage son and daughter though, just so I wouldn't have to bring an air mattress for my son.

Ironically we got a first floor quiet pool facing BCV 1 bedroom and we WANTED and requested the dark Epcot/forest facing room. It's all about what your needs are :santa: . We wanted that view so our young kids could nap. I have to say though that even being directly on the quiet pool(and elevator AND ice machine ugh) the room was very well sound proofed.

Our one stay at BCV was either in 463 or 469 - we had asked for "near elevator" and were near the second elevator, and high floor. So, we mostly sort of got both? The balcony and room were very dark - the service road was below, and we had a gigantic balcony but since it was summer, it was pretty buggy. Anyway ... since the balcony was partially enclosed by a wall (and we got caught unprepared in a downpour our first night), we ended up putting the stroller out there, upside down, to dry out.

OP, I agree with you on the storage. Our later stay at VGF seemed to have better storage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter