First stay at OKW - short report

beezerdave

Mouseketeer
Just back from our first stay at OKW. (A bit sad to be back but seeing our little fuzzies makes it better.) Our first impressions: We loved OKW. Especially the quiet. We couldn't believe how quiet it was there. Even the quiet pool near us was very quiet (compared to other pools). At times we felt like we were all alone at the resort. Only one time did we think we were hearing noises from the rooms above us. Turned out to be fireworks. :teeth:

We rented a car and finding a parking spot was never easier. Our room was clean and large (for a studio). The one small complaint I had was we were told we were getting a water view, but couldn't see the water. Perhaps from the third floor but not from our room.

On the third day we asked for towels and they arrived within 10 minutes along with an unasked for trash removal. Very nice staff. Dining at Olivia's was great. They said they had just started a new menu on our first day (last Sunday) but answered any questions we had. The grouper was fantastic.

All in all we had a lovely, quiet, relaxing time at OKW. We look forward to getting back there again next year.

Oh, and we stopped off at the TSS while down there and recieved a VERY nice collection of things to help with the relaxation. Thanks again Tom and crew!!!!

Yay!! My DH and I are going in two weeks (the accomodation is a belated wedding present from a guest who is a DVC member) -- it's great to hear so many good things about OKW!

And we just returned last Friday, 5/12 from a week's stay at OKW.

We were in building 14, which was right across from the bus stop at HH. We enjoyed this location as we did not have a car after the first day.

We had a view of the ladies tees on Hold 8 of LBV and were on the first floor. We did not have a problem with overgrown shrubbery as others had said.

We were there last november and were told that we had a water view also. We would have been able to see water if it wasnt' for all the trees in front of our balcony. But I loved the resort. Actually I've stayed in 3(will be 4 in a week)DVC resorts and I've loved them all.

:dumbo: :goofy: :goofy: :bounce: I am so glad that you had a great time to, bet your almost going to start planning your next trip..... :banana: :banana: I have a question, I am curious to find out what the crowds are like the first or second week of October (Columbus day. t
thinking of going then even though I heard it is still Hurricane season pirate: pirate: and of course OKW

We just returned from OKW also. May 7-12. They had just started their new menus that day. We ate at Olivia's just once this trip(had gardergrocer) deliver food) since we were in a two bedroom this time. Stayed in 5312. Been 4 times and stayed in Southpoint 4 times. Each time the only request is non-smoking. Next time I might ask for a non-southpoint area just to be different but won't mind if we do not get it..smjj

I'm happy to read your report about the wonderful stay in a first floor villa. We're trying a 1 bedroom in OKW in June for the first time, and have asked for elevator building or first floor.

Bobbi :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter