First summer trip and first time driving from CT!

Melct

Mouseketeer
I just experienced my first summertime vacation at disney. We were here 6/29-7/3. All our other trips have been during the winter months. It was very hot but I was pleasantly surprised that the crowds and wait times were not much different for what I experienced in mid December. The major rides like soarin, toy story, mine car, etc had long waits but the rest of the rides I waited no more than 20 minutes for. I used easy WDW and used their recommended park for each day. Seemed to work well!

I also recommend going to the parks later in the day. I used to do rope drop but with the new fast pass plus it is not as beneficial anymore. Going to the parks, especially animal kingdom, after 4pm seemed to have lower wait times than at 10am.

Due to the intense heat I would prefer to go I the winter months but summer works well with the kids school school schedule. I just wanted to let you you know that my summer trip was much better than expected.

This was the first time driving from CT. It was not bad at all even with a 6 and 8 year old. If we have the time in the future I will drive instead of fly as well. We took our time and enjoyed at least one destination each day. We stopped at Fredericksburg, VA and Hilton head, SC. We toured a southern plantation in VA and enjoyed the beach in Hilton Head. The kids loved it!

My only complaint was that the bus service from pop century was horrible. After waiting 30+ minutes the first day we just decided to drive everywhere.

:thumbsup2. Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter