First time “offsite” in years..

luvthemouse71

Former Ride Chicken...
I’m planning a trip for myself, my sister my mom and my niece for March of 2020. I am thinking offsite ( haven’t stayed offsite since 2005) because the prices have been crazy lately. I am looking at two resorts that are near Disney Springs. The Holiday Inn and the DoubleTree. Any opinions would be appreciated. I know some of those get Disney perks too..are these two part of that?

My mom had a stroke in March of this year but she’s recovering pretty well. She has a walker but obviously for the trip she’ll have a wheelchair when needed. Any tips about how to make this trip go smoothly?

Thanks in advance. Obviously, if someone also has recommendations for another Disney Springs area hotel too, those would be welcomed.

Last edited:
The Orlando Hotels and Attractions board was extremely helpful when we planned an offsite visit last summer.

Yes, the Disney Springs properties will allow you to take advantage of 60 day FPand EMH. If yo6 subscribe to Mousesavers you will often see deals for discounts and waived resort fees.

Eta we ended up in a one bedroom Presidential at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which is just outside CBR.

The Orlando Hotels and Attractions board was extremely helpful when we planned an offsite visit last summer.

Yes, the Disney Springs properties will allow you to take advantage of 60 day FPand EMH. If yo6 subscribe to Mousesavers you will often see deals for discounts and waived resort fees.

Eta we ended up in a one bedroom Presidential at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which is just outside CBR.
Do you get magic bands?

Undecided, but leaning towards no unless it turns out to better for my mom.
The last time we stayed onsite was January 2017 and we thought Disney transportation was fine. However, I have seen a lot of posts saying otherwise. I believe the Disney Springs hotels have shuttles but it might be easier for your mom to have a van, regardless of where you stay.

The last time we stayed onsite was January 2017 and we thought Disney transportation was fine. However, I have seen a lot of posts saying otherwise. I believe the Disney Springs hotels have shuttles but it might be easier for your mom to have a van, regardless of where you stay.
Good point..

I believe the Disney Springs hotels have shuttles but it might be easier for your mom to have a van, regardless of where you stay.
The seven Hotel Plaza Boulevard resorts share two shuttle routes from before parks open until after they close. Guess run on a set schedule, available in lobby, either every 30 or 60 minutes.

If by can people mean Minnie Van, budget for the cost.

The DoubleTree Suites is my favorite, too. All rooms are two-room suites. The extra room is helpful with multiple guests. Two TVs might be nice, too.

I'm easily over 100 nights at the DoubleTree Suites over the past 5-6 years. Small problems (dead TV remote, soap/shampoo not replaced) get fixed with a single phone call or mention to the Front Desk as you're walking past. I've only had one major problem in all those nights. The hotel was evacuated due to a microwave fire caused by a guest. The management went above and beyond what I expected to make up for the hassle, even though it wasn't their fault.

I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Disney Springs. I think it was three multi-night stays in the past couple of years. Based on those stays, I do recommend that hotel.

Keep in mind that it's a Holiday Inn, which is a mid-level hotel chain. That means plastic cups instead of glass in the rooms and mid-grade quality linens and toiletries.

That said, the hotel seems to have high-quality management and staff. Without fail, every staff member you see will smile and greet you. That includes housekeeping as you pass them in the halls. And twice, I had a manager approach me as I waited in the lobby and ask me if everything was going well with my stay. As someone who used to work in hotels, both of those things are rare...even at luxury hotels and resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter