First time at Discovery Cove

DisneyBliss7

''Ohana means family''
We are going to Discovery Cove for one day next summer and I don't know much about it, it will be our first visit. We want to do the dolphin swim and I know that's an extra purchase but what about the shark swim? And what is the SeaVenture? Is there a dining plan for food? Thanks for an info!! :)

Check out the DC sticky in this forum. Lots of good info.

You will book your DC day either as "resort only" or including the dolphin swim. The time of your swim is assigned at check-in. You can book some people just the resort if they don't plan on doing the dolphin swim. You can also watch (and take photos) from the beach if only some members of your party are doing it.

All food is included for the day - breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks, including alcohol & icees.

The shark swim and Sea venture are separately priced add-ons for your day. Although in the grand reef, you can swim right up to the shark area and it feels like you are swimming with them. It's a very neat area to enjoy at no extra cost.

Also, if it would work in your plans, you can add on 14 days admission to Sea World & Aquatica for a nominal cost, as well as Busch Gardens in Tampa for marginally more.

Check out the DC sticky in this forum. Lots of good info.

You will book your DC day either as "resort only" or including the dolphin swim. The time of your swim is assigned at check-in. You can book some people just the resort if they don't plan on doing the dolphin swim. You can also watch (and take photos) from the beach if only some members of your party are doing it.

All food is included for the day - breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks, including alcohol & icees.

The shark swim and Sea venture are separately priced add-ons for your day. Although in the grand reef, you can swim right up to the shark area and it feels like you are swimming with them. It's a very neat area to enjoy at no extra cost.

Also, if it would work in your plans, you can add on 14 days admission to Sea World & Aquatica for a nominal cost, as well as Busch Gardens in Tampa for marginally more.

Thank you for the info! I will also take a look at the sticky :)

The Seaventure is fun. You wear a "diving helmet" (really a weighted air-flooded head piece) and go down maybe 10 feet into a cordoned-off section of the reef to see various undersea things - corals, fish, shells, sharks, etc. You are down there for about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. They give you an underwater camera to take your own photos and these become part of an "add-on" package to your dolphin encounter photos (they end up being cheaper). It was great fun and a great experience. If you scuba dive, your reaction will be "meh" but for anyone else, it's a step above snorkeling. My daughter (age 24) was a little nervous about doing it but once we were down there, she didn't want to come up! Of all the add-ons, I recommend this one the most.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!