First time at Disney.. Wilderness Lodge..Siesta Key.. Coronado Springs May 2018 Trip Planning!

ShelbyK

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone, I'm Shelby (28) and I've been a long time lurker on these boards and you all have helped me plan what I think is going to be an amazing first trip to WDW!:worship::worship:

Traveling with me will be my wonderful husband and three children (DS10, DD8, and DD 22 months at time of trip)
We also have my dad, stepmom, brother(16) and niece (15) joining us for a few days at the lodge and my mom will be spending a few days at Beach Club but mostly doing her own thing.
My In-laws will also be in Siesta Key while we are there but they aren't doing Disney :sad2:

We will be Arriving at Wilderness Lodge on April 30th and checking out on the 4th..driving to Siesta Key until the 8th and then coming back for 1 night at Coronado so I can spend May 9th (MY BIRTHDAY) at the Magic Kingdom!!! We will then fly home that evening. I have become a Disney obsessed crazy person ever since I started planning this trip and I am already working on our 2019 trip!!! :jumping1:

I am hoping to post our dining plans tomorrow and I am looking forward to any suggestions or tips that you folks might have for me

Last edited:
Our Full Itinerary
  • April 30th we fly out of Baltimore and will land at MCO around 12:30
  • Pick up Rental Car and grab some groceries on the way to WL
  • Spend the day exploring the resort, hanging out and swimming with my dad, stepmom, brother and niece.. have dinner at Whispering Canyon Café..get to bed early for our big MK day :yay:
  • May 1st we will Rope drop MK and we have a lunch ressie at BOG and plan on grabbing dinner at Columbia Harbor House
  • My mom arrives and checks into Beach Club and will possibly meet us at MK
  • May 2nd we have breakfast ressies at WCC and then we will head to AK.. lunch at yak & yeti QS and dinner at either Flametree or Satuli Canteen (other than myself our group is not adventurous with food so I'm leaning towards Flametree)
  • My mom will be doing the dolphin trainer for a day thing at Sea World on this day

• May 3rd we say goodbye in the morning to my dad, stepmom, brother and niece. They are spending the day at Disney Springs and then flying home.
  • Head to Epcot with my mom, enjoy the F&G festival and eat as much as humanly possible in World Showcase

• May 4th is our checkout day, we will load up the car and head to MK and possibly eat lunch at Skippers Canteen (I am concerned again about my picky eaters) Whenever we are finished at MK we will drive to Siesta Key and check into our condo.. My in-laws will arrice Saturday morning and stay for a week in a different condo

• May 5th-7th I plan on just enjoying the beach and relaxing and eating tons of amazing seafood

• May 8th Drive my husband crazy checking out of condo and getting back to Disney as early as possible, spend the day resort hopping and maybe Disney Springs.. We currently have a Boma reservation for this night but I think I am going to cancel. My son is considered a Disney adult and I don't think I can spend that amount of money knowing that they will only eat chicken nuggets and mac n cheese o_O. If I do cancel it we will eat at The Mara instead so we can still have zebra domes and check out AKL
  • Get to Coronado Springs, maybe swim, check out the resort and to bed

• May 9th..My Birthday!!! Check out and pack up our bags and load up the car, drive to MK.. not sure where I want to eat on this day ..any suggestions? I don't want to do breakfast at BOG since we are already doing a lunch there.. and CRT is booked now because we didn't know we were going to add this MK day until about a month ago. Might just grab a CS lunch , maybe Pecos Bill? I would rather spend more time on rides and meeting characters so dining isn't super important here.
  • Leave Mk around 3ish and fly home out of MCO at 7 :sad:

• May 10th Start Obsessively planning our 2019 trip to POFQ :dancer:

Sounds like a fun trip:) I like that you did not overdue ADR's, so many people do not realize how much time TS meals take compared to QS. Hopefully you do not have any liquid or perishable items in your luggage, because the temps will be in the high 80's to low 90's and a car parked in direct sunlight can quickly climb to between 130 to 172 degrees. If this may be a problem you might want to leave bags with CSR bell hops and come back for them. Have a great time and a great birthday!

Sounds like a fun trip:) I like that you did not overdue ADR's, so many people do not realize how much time TS meals take compared to QS. Hopefully you do not have any liquid or perishable items in your luggage, because the temps will be in the high 80's to low 90's and a car parked in direct sunlight can quickly climb to between 130 to 172 degrees. If this may be a problem you might want to leave bags with CSR bell hops and come back for them. Have a great time and a great birthday!

Thanks I didnt even think about that.. we shouldn't have any food items or liquids but we will have some medicine and electronics that probably shouldn't sit in a hot car all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter