First time at the Fort since 1994

ontdvc2015

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone,

I had to post because I am just too excited. My family and friends of ours just booked a camping trip at the Fort for Feb. 2020. The friends have only ever been to Magic Kingdom with one of their children so its almost like going with newbies.

When I was a child (7-10) we camped at least once a year for about 5 years straight at Fort Wilderness. And I have such incredible memories of those times that I am beyond excited to be going back. My parents took us many times, then we became DVC members and stopped the camping. My wife and I are DVC members now and I have been bugging to go camping for the past 5 years and it has finally been booked. We live in Ontario, Canada, so its going to be a bit of a haul with the trailer down there, but I don't care about that at all right now.

We have eaten at Trails end each of the last 3 times we have gone to Disney, and we have always toured around a bit while there, but I can't wait to spend 10 days there and bringing back all the wonderful memories from 25+ years ago!

Anyways, is it 2020 yet???

We are DVC members, too, but find a way to spend a few days at the Fort whenever we can. We simply love it there. The atmosphere in the campground is so different from the resorts. Feels like it's 1950 there - with much bigger RVs. Also, we never fail to meet interesting fellow-campers.

Our trip is only 10 days away and we are surprising our kids (not such kids, really, at 20, 18 and 14) and taking them to Food & Wine. For me, though, it's a chance to spend a few days at the Fort.

Have fun on your trip!

How fun! I have never been to the Fort and we had 2 cancelled trips before this one so I am ready for 2019- I bet you are itching for this year to pass by so you can make that trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter