First time at wdw

Lilymum

Earning My Ears
staying off site lake Buena Vista area Nov 2016 and would welcome any advice, tips etc. Little one will be turning 5 and any recommendations to make her bday extra special would be great. Thanks in advance x

What an amazing birthday trip! Is she into princesses? If so, perhaps an appointment at the BBB for her birthday would be special for her. Also, someone here mentioned the barbershop does "pixie dusting" (spraying glitter in their hair) for free.

Where are you staying offsite (if you don't mind sharing)? I'm planning a trip to WDW for Christmas this year and I'm looking for a condo off property to rent.

Staying at clarion inn lake Buena Vista. Quite cheap and its a wdw good neighbour hotel. Was going to book wdw hotel but for too expensive and would rather spend money on special treats and goodies than a hotel room, which tbh we will probably only sleep and shower there.
DD loves princesses and wants to be one when she is old enough, I tell her she is my princess, bless her. She is so excited and tells everyone and insists on watching vlogs on internet TV everyday.
Hope you get to go at xmas x

Be sure to get her a birthday button for free at guest services on your first park day--she can wear it for the whole trip, and everyone will be telling her Happy Birthday for the whole trip. She might get a surprise or two because of the button, but you can't count on that, so I wouldn't mention it to her.

At her age, she can definitely dress up like a princess at the parks if she wants to, although if you plan on doing that, I'd go with costumes that are comfortable (not itchy).

Those are just a few things off the top of my head--I'm sure I'll think of more later!

Be sure to get her a birthday button for free at guest services on your first park day--she can wear it for the whole trip, and everyone will be telling her Happy Birthday for the whole trip. She might get a surprise or two because of the button, but you can't count on that, so I wouldn't mention it to her.

At her age, she can definitely dress up like a princess at the parks if she wants to, although if you plan on doing that, I'd go with costumes that are comfortable (not itchy).

Those are just a few things off the top of my head--I'm sure I'll think of more later!

I will be bringing some princess costumes with us (UK supermarket prices = approx $20).
Thanks for info regarding bday button.
X

Oh I am so excited for you and her! I am sure that you will have a great time, you have plenty of time to plan it and I know that all the Dis'ers will give you great advice. I remember taking my niece there for the first time when she was 4 1/2 and she loved it so much.

My daughter was 5/6 (birthday trip) on our first trip and loves the princesses. I wanted to do Cinderella's royal table dinner but we couldn't get a dining reservation. We booked Akershus Royal Banquet hall instead. There is a "free" picture with the greeting princess (it was Belle for us) and she got to meet several princesses in one place. She adored it. It was her favorite part of the trip and the food was good :-). Even my son enjoyed that character meal.

Thinking of trying for akershus instead of Cindy's royal table, plus I think I can get a cake delivered for her there.
Also thinking of pirates and pals firework cruise to finish her day off. Think it s duable if we have an afternoon nap and plan nothing for the day after. X

We did it for dinner and took a late reservation. When we left the Epcot was closed and nearly totally empty. It was beautiful and really cool.
Some of our favorite comments from that night:
Upon meeting Belle (DD'S favorite): oh mommy! She is as beautiful as I imagined and her dress is so soft!
Ariel: I think your hair is the most beautiful red. I want red hair when I grow up.
Ariel responded with "you have to eat lots of carrots to get this red color" 2 years later she still eats carrots that she wouldn't consider before the trip. :-)
Belle taught my son to stand like a prince and he still does that pose when he is around a princess. And they both loved the princess parade. I haven't done Cindy's table, but we have no regrets with Akershus.
Have fun!

Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare (a restaurant in the Grand Floridian- a short monorail trip from the Magic Kingdom), is easier to get reservations for, and cheaper, than eating in the castle. Both Cinderella and her prince will be there, along with her wicked step-mother and step-sisters.

Definitely get the birthday button on your first day. We went for my son's 5th birthday a few years ago and he got all kinds of special attention with the button. Prince Eric actually yelled out his name and "Happy Birthday" in the middle of the parade! He also got a cupcake at every table service restaurant we went to.

Another thing I did, is I brought some balloons and a stuffed Mickey from home. I think I got Mickey for less than $10 at Target. Before we went to dinner on our first night, I left them in our room while DS was outside with my dad. When we got back, he was so excited about the surprise that Mickey left for him. That might be harder to pull off if you're traveling solo.

My twins celebrated their 9th birthday at WDW. We decided to do Animal Kingdom that day as they are boy/girl twins. They each got a card and special cupcake at Tusker House where we had booked breakfast. Reception at Pop gave out their badges and balloons which was really sweet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts