first time cruise ?? land/sea package

ohMom

Kids Get Arthritis Too!
Does the land/sea package include any "flex" options (i dont' know what they're called now) i.e. character breakfast, Mickey 'N Me pics?? We are a party of four - two children

And, on the ship, I realize food is included, unless there is a charge on the menu? I have looked at a few menus on Dave's sites. Can children eat off either menu? What are you "allowed" to order per person per meal (appetizer, desserts, sodas, etc)

and room service is free?? if we have coffee sent to the room does that "count" as breakfast, or can you order room service in addition to meals? i.e. if the kids need a snack during the day, or coffee first thing in the morning??

the TA is doing a good job convincing me that the package is the best value, do you agree?

Thanks so much for your advice :)

I can answer your question about food. There is no charge for food no matter how often you want to eat. If you have just finished dinner at one of the dining rooms and then decide to go have a pizza or order more food from room service you can do so. Room service food is also free, but you should tip the person who brings it. At dinner you can order more than one appetizer, dessert etc. per person if you want to, unless they have changed it within the last six months. I heard of a couple who ordered several desserts each so they could try them all.

Concerning the land/sea package, that is what we did last June and it worked out great. I have been told that doing a lot of research and booking each item separately such as airfare, hotel, rental car etc. can save money, but we went with the package because of the convenience. Disney representatives meet you at the airport, take you to the hotel, handle your luggage, etc. (you don't even have to go to baggage claim when you get off the plane because you have tagged your luggage with special tags and they pick it up for you). It is so wonderful not to have to worry about transportation and luggage and all the hassle. They do everything for you.

I don't believe any "flex" features are included in the cruise packages unless they have changed it recently.

JMHO...recently travel agents have told me that booking the package is the most expensive way to go! I think you can find many deals just looking around on the net...and you've started with the best place~~the disboards! ;) :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

i to would look into booking it seperately could save your self a few bucks here is a site that might help u find a code to use for the stay at Wdw www.mousesavers.com and i recomend that u get a price for the cruise from dreams just click there link at the top of the page.... depending on how many people in the party
you might want to get a towncar for your transportation
peter

We are doing the land/sea next month and at the time when we were shopping around, the package was the best way to go for us- it was less then $200 pp for the 3 nights @ CBR, park passes and transportation to be added on.

Ok, I have to say, I'm still a little nervous about cast members getting my luggage for me. How do they know how many bags to get? Will they walk off too soon and leave one? Will we see our luggage as they put it into the shuttle so we at least know if something is missing?

WE saved $$ by booking our selves, but it was more work. If the hotel choices is not a big deal for you, try pricing a value resort instead of the higher ones. Also, booking yourselves gives you more flight and ground transportation options.

thanks for all your opinions. I did some pricing today and I was over the price of the package without transportation or taxes. maybe it just depends on the time of the year. I do like the land/sea package in that in our category we pick any deluxe, less GF, and that makes the Poly seem more realstic to us. We'd probably never pay the rates for room only.

but, how about kids? can they order anything or are they restricted to kids menus??

TIA

I did the land/sea at the Poly and loved it--and it was cheaper than booking it myself. As for the kids, they can eat off any menu, kids or adult, as can the adults. You can order whatever you want--2 appetizers, 3 entrees, desserts, etc. If you don;t like what you've ordered, they ask you if you want something else. Room service, including coffee is free, but sodas cost unless you are at a seated dinner, or lunch. Our tickets did not include flex features, but do include the waterparks and Disney Quest. we didn;t buy transfers because we like having a rental car. It was a close to perfect a vacation as I have every had. Enjoy

Your children can eat from both menus. We did the land/sea and did it in that order. Lots of walking at the parks lead to much needed R&R on the sea!!

Pouncing Pluto - No, you never see your luggage that they pick up at the airport until it appears in your hotel room or state room on the ship, wherever you are going first. I guess the reason they do not miss any is because they know what flight you are on in advance and they wait until every piece of luggage is unloaded from that flight before they leave.

We are doing the land/sea next April and I too found that it was much cheaper doing the package. We are staying at the Poly and even with the cheapest annual pass rate this past year we would be paying $200 a night. Now we are going during the tail end of spring break season so I can only imagine what it would cost if we wanted to do it separately. Park passes can add up too, for 2 adults and 2 children thru AAA would be over $700 for a 4 day pass. Our cruise combo is $3600 less a $100 rebate and $100 onboard credit thru DU.

I think you can save if you want a verhanda cabin but a moderate or value resort instead of the deluxes. But I sure did miss being on the monorail last trip, helps alot to cut down on travel time to MK & Epcot when your time is limited.

I am doing my own air though because Disney's price in outragous from our airport. I would never pay more than $200 pp. We are also renting a car unless I can talk DH into not and getting a towncar or limo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter