First time cruisers ensured to be "Allured"?? -April 2019 TR

Some final thoughts:

We absolutely LOVED our first cruise! A heartfelt thank you to all on this forum who helped as I planned this trip. I learned so many helpful tips here that made our cruise better!! Official websites are nice, but first hand knowledge is so much better! :)

We were so relieved that our fears about cruising were false! We didn't get seasick, bored, or panicky about being on board a ship in the middle of the ocean!!

We enjoyed it so much that I've been researching other cruises- and cruise lines! We'd like to do another RCL cruise- I'd like maybe a shorter cruise and one that stops at Coco Cay! and I'm also looking at Carnival cruises, too!!

Thank you for reading along!!:goodvibes

FYI, I was already extremely optimistic regarding RCCL --aka pretty much sold already-- but your review 100% convinced me that this cruise line is for us. Thank you so much!

Loved your trip report! I am curious how far in advance of your cruise were the Up emails sent? And if you don't mind me asking, how much per person did you pay to upgrade to the Jr. Suite?

Awesome review, thank you for doing it. My older one wants to sail on it now, so we are doing the Horizon first, then I assume Allure will follow.

See, you need to cruise again, while in Florida.

FYI, I was already extremely optimistic regarding RCCL --aka pretty much sold already-- but your review 100% convinced me that this cruise line is for us. Thank you so much!

You're so welcome!! I'm glad that my report is helpful!! :) Even though I have no other cruises or cruise lines to compare as this was our first- we so loved RCL!!! They have so much to offer!! Happy cruise planning!:thumbsup2

You're so welcome!! I'm glad that my report is helpful!! :) Even though I have no other cruises or cruise lines to compare as this was our first- we so loved RCL!!! They have so much to offer!! Happy cruise planning!:thumbsup2

Thank you!

Loved your trip report! I am curious how far in advance of your cruise were the Up emails sent? And if you don't mind me asking, how much per person did you pay to upgrade to the Jr. Suite?

I received the e-mail to bid on 2/15. Our sail date was 4/14. We received confirmation of our accepted Royal Up bid on 4/11-just 3 days before sailing.

The bids started at $200/person and went up to $800/person. I bid $500/person for the upgrade. I tried to look and possibly upgrade by re-booking when the Royal Up offer went out. It didn't show availability. Maybe they take some rooms out of inventory for the Royal Up program? You can do much better by just booking the room you want at the time of original booking I believe. I was nervous that our cabin would be very small as it was our first cruise, so I was open to bidding high so we'd have the best chance of getting upgraded. I don't think I'll bid in the future- unless I bid low and see what happens.

Awesome review, thank you for doing it. My older one wants to sail on it now, so we are doing the Horizon first, then I assume Allure will follow.

See, you need to cruise again, while in Florida.

Thanks, Lynne!!:) Always up to taking the wise advice of my friends-- I'm actually looking into a short 3 or 4 day RCL cruise after Thanksgiving. We're planning to spend the holiday with Kyle so we'll be in FL anyway!!:thumbsup2

Hi Patty, do you remember if the buy 10 drinks for $80 card was available on your cruise? thanks

Hi Patty, do you remember if the buy 10 drinks for $80 card was available on your cruise? thanks

I know they had the cards. I didn't notice any pricing, though. They had a table set up every day in the Promenade selling the drink packages and towards the middle of the week I saw something about the cards. They have deals on everything onboard! I learned not to buy too much in advance. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter