• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Time Disney Cruiser-please Help!!!!

twinx4

DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE...WHEN YOU WISH UPON A
Hi

Although I just got back from WDW in December, I'm considering going on a Disney Cruise and taking my 9 year old daughter, for her spring break in April or sometime during June or July.

This will be my first time cruise on any ship. Does anyone have any helpful planning advice for this first timer?????

Thank you

Hi!
My advise is "JUST DO IT" - you really won't regret it. My son was 5 on his first cruise and likes it better than going to the theme parks. In fact, we did a 3 night cruise the first time, just to get the feel of it. Now it's 7 nights or nothing.
There are so many hints on this Board that I couldn't even begin to list them - do some research and book as early as you can to get the best rate.

Rae

I have some 'hints' on my Thoughts at Random page of my website (linked below). Also be sure to check out my 'favorites' page for links to other great Disney Cruise websites.
:D

Jody's page was of GREAT help for our first cruise. All I can say about IF you should go is....A Disney cruise was THE BEST vacation we have ever had. We paid more, since we traveled in peak season, but still thought it was worth every dime.

Don't leave home without:
Over the door shoe holder
Downey wrinkle reducer
Laynards from Walmart

Wovenwonder - what a great site you have! Loved the pictures - they really brought back a lot of memories.

Thanks!

Rae

Oh definetly go! You'll LOVE it! Your daughter will love it too. The programs are excellent! The service is excellent, well everything is excellent! If you do a seven night cruise you'll never want to go on a shorter one, but any cruise is AWESOME!

Pack what clothes you think you'll need, and then leave 1/2 at home. DO NOT obsess over what to wear. That is one thing that folks worry so much about and yet Disney does not really enforce any code at all. If you like a good strong hair dryer, take an extension cord and take your own dryer (the ones in the bathrooms are wimpy). Maybe some water shoes would be nice at Castaway Cay...the bottom of the ocean is a bit rought there.

go for it and have a good time!

zbuddy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter