First time Disney cruiser

bella77

Mouseketeer
My family is going on our first Disney Cruise in October- a 3 night on the Dream. Saturday will be our 75 days out, and I'm curious about the process for trying to reserve things on the My Disney Cruise website. Never having seen it before, I'm a little nervous about knowing what to do first when midnight Eastern hits tomorrow night. Do I have to check in first before I can start trying to reserve times and excursions and such, or is that not necessary right away? I'm also worried about running into issues with the site. I've been trying to pay the balance today, but the site isn't allowing me to do so. I booked with a travel agent- does that make you unable to pay on the website? I've tried different search engines to no avail. Anyone have any experience with this? Any expertise you guys can share with me will be appreciated:)

Thank you so much! I was thinking I was doing something wrong!! I'll contact the travel agent and get her to go ahead and put the balance on my card. Do you know if I will be able to reserve things myself, or will she have to do it?

Thank you so much! I was thinking I was doing something wrong!! I'll contact the travel agent and get her to go ahead and put the balance on my card. Do you know if I will be able to reserve things myself, or will she have to do it?
You can do it yourself. If the website isn't working, try clearing cookies, or an incognito window. Also don't log in until the correct time (or 12.01am).

You can book everything yourself (like others said, the payment has to go thru the TA).

As for the order to reserve things, it depends on what you want and how badly you want it. In other words, book the most popular things first (since others will be trying to do the same) or book what's most important to you first. Sadly you can only have one log-on at a time, so you'll have to choose. I just went through this - I reserved the important/popular things first, then went and filled out the forms and got our PAT. YMMV. Hope this helps.

You may already know HOW to book, but here is a video explaining how to book "Port Adventures" when your window opens up. In case others who find this thread may find it helpful.

For me, I learn by watching... not reading. This was really helpful before my first cruise.

The private cabanas on Castaway Cay will fill up very quickly, if any are even still available by the time you are able to book anything. The Castaway Club members tend to pick all of those up before the first timers even have a chance.

The alcohol tasting classes can fill up quickly as well. Especially the Mixology, rum, or whiskey tasting. The beer tasting seems to be one of the last to fill up. All of this tends to depend on the length of the cruise and what day all of the events are offered.

Palo/Remy can fill up, but in the last two trips, we've been able to book or move our reservation pretty late in the process.

One cool thing about DCL vs some of the other lines out there is you don't have to reserve seats at any of the shows, at least not yet. This isn't that big of a deal for us, but others get really upset when they get locked out of some show they wanted to see. I could see this being something DCL may do in the near future, or least more likely to start this than starting alcohol packages some of the Lines offer.

First time cruiser here (29 days out!!). This shows you what the registration process is like so you can have everything ready in order to get through it and to the port adventures page. Or some people suggest entering dummy info quickly to get there faster, book port adventures, then go back and enter the correct info.

First time cruiser here (29 days out!!). This shows you what the registration process is like so you can have everything ready in order to get through it and to the port adventures page. Or some people suggest entering dummy info quickly to get there faster, book port adventures, then go back and enter the correct info.

What cruise are you on? We also only have 4 weeks left!!

Be up at midnight and save your excursions as you book them. Don't try to book them all and then save. All the cabanas will be gone. They were gone before platinum could book by concierge. Palo and the princesses and frozen if they aren't available they hold some aside that you can book on board. I booked a 4 night a week out and was able to get palo, frozen and the princesses on board. Make sure on Nassau you do a dcl excursion. I have been late getting back to the ship there too many times.
Here is a tips guide for you that I put together in my 12 cruises with DCL.

Attachments

• Tips for disney cruisers.pdf
    257.5 KB · Views: 10

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!