First time Disneyland visitor trip report...

luvthemouse71

Former Ride Chicken...
I was in Disneyland from 1/11 to 1/15. I stayed off site but it was okay, since the ART bus had a stop right in front of my hotel. I got a 3 day bus pass that only cost me $16 for the three days. It’s normally about 5 dollars each way so the pass worked out well.

I loved Disneyland. It has a smaller feel but this makes it charming, lots of history there. The castle isn’t as big but this didn’t bother me at all. In general, the whole park just has a more laid back feel to it. Even the guests are laid back, I accidentally cut a couple of people in line for a churro and they were nice about it.. I think I would have been flogged at WDW. It seemed as though there weren’t as many ECVs either, although the crowds were trending younger when I was there so this could explain it. You could sense pride in the park from the CMs and the guests. There’s a sprit of loyalty towards their park which is awesome. They were shocked that I came all theway from RI to visit, but when I told them I wanted to see where it all started, they were flattered

I tried to focus on things that we don’t have in WDW. I like the Matterhorn a lot. Thanks to the person here who recommended leaning forward on this ride. It is older so can be a little bumpy, if you lean forward you don’t notice as much. I rode this twice. I think POTC is better in Disneyland. I got to ride HM with the NBC overlay and enjoyed that too. I can see why is has to be down for so long though afterwards..it’s very elaborate. I also rode Space Mountain which felt faster than the WDW version.

In California Adventure, I rode the Incredicoaster. I had to talk myself onto it but I’m glad I did. It was fun and not as scary as it looked. I would gladly ride it again. I rode the Ferris wheel and had toyed with the idea of trying the swinging car, I’m glad I didn’t. I almost had a panic attack in the stationary one. 😂 Cars Land is awesome. I like the Racers and think they’re better than the Test Track version. I was going to try the rapids since I like the Kali River Rapids but it was cooler there and I was afraid I’d get soaked.

Galaxy’s Edge was phenomenal. You get a feeling that you are in that world. I seriously geeked out while I was there, but I was 6 when the first movie came out and had all the toys so I was in my glory. I bought a Taun Taun at the Creature Stall. Didn’t go in there with the intent to buy anything but you know how that goes. 😏 When I visit the WDW GE I may make a droid. I got to be Pilot on the Millennium Falcon ride but didn’t do a very good job. 🤣. I tried the Blue Milk and thought it was good but expensive for the size of the cup you get.

I will visit Disneyland again. I feel like I don’t think one park is better than the other. Disneyland has a smaller feel to it as well as the history. WDW is more immersive and there is more to do. It just depends on what you want from your vacation at any given time.
I used the paper FP system and had a one park per day ticket. I figured since this was all new to me that I would want to focus on one park at a time anyway. When I go back, I’ll do hoppers or Maxpass.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! I'm with you on the swinging cars on the Pixar Pal a Round - they are pretty scary, so I am glad you didn't try it. :-) Next time, definitely give Maxpass a shot. The convenience is amazing!

So glad you enjoyed your trip! We tell people to try to see this when they look at our castle:

(HT: Google)

The castle is meant to be seen in relation to the Matterhorn (DL's central focal point). Once you see this context, the castle's size makes sense! (Of course, once Walt got a bigger check from the bank, he could go to town with Cinderella's castle!) So on your next visit (and we hope to see you again soon!), take a moment to look up to the right and see the Matterhorn rising behind the castle... :)

I think the DL Space Mountain is smoother so maybe that’s why it felt faster to me.

possibly! We went on it 3 times in Sept and after the first time all 3 of us said how crazy fast we thought it was! Not in a bad way, though. I know a lot of DLR purists don't like the Hyperspace or Ghost Galaxy overlays but we all love those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter