First time DLRP

MoanaMom

Earning My Ears
Hi! I've just joined but am a long time lurker on the main forum. We have been to WDW 8 times and are hoping to visit DLP this November.
I will be going with my husband and our 3 boys ages 5, 3 and 1. Flying into CDG think.
I have a couple of questions I'm hoping to get some help with please:
1. We are thinking of 4 nights arriving either Nov 5 or Nov 12. I just saw that the Xmas decorations will be going up from Nov 11. Should we hold off til the 12th to go so we can see them or will it be busier once they go up? Is this time of year generally busy or quiet?
2. Generally speaking what kind of weather would I be packing for?
3. On or off property? I was looking at the Newport Bay hotel or Hotel New York. We have stayed at Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary Resort at WDW and have to say we loved CR for proximity to the parks and transport with small kids! But the way I understand it things are much more spaces out at DLP so want o make the best choice for ease of access (and making a quick exit in case of tantrum!)
Thanks so much, I'm sure to have a heap more to ask but my 1 year old is waking up so duty calls lol!

Halloween runs to 5th November.
Bonfire and fireworks celebration around lake Disney 7th 8th 10th November celebrates (?) the time Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the English Houses of Parliament.
UK schools are often on holiday end of October to early November.
Christmas begins 11th November - it's wonderful at DLP.
By the 12th I think most school holidays are over.
Avoid weekends if you can but week days should be fairly quiet.
As pp said weather is variable. We have had sunshine and tshirts for a few hours on an October afternoon but evenings are cold.
Layering is the key! And a waterproof top layer.
I would stay on property. All hotels are walking distance and it's a lovely walk.
Buses are available but I have never felt the need to use them
The most expensive is the closest and the cheapest - Sante Fe is the furthest, but still only a 30 minute stroll.
Newport Bay is lovely, recent refurb.
Hotel New York always seems busy and noisy. Soon to be refurbed!
Sequoia Lodge is my favourite for winter - big log fires make it warm and cosy
Sante Fe and Cheyenne are cheaper and more themed may suit your boys more.
Do you know you can book a package on any of the European Disneyland sites - they often have special deals such as free nights, free meal packages, free child places. Park tickets are included. You can search them all and book the best for you.
Food options are not as varied as WDW although they are getting better.
Reservations for TS can usually be made on arrival at your hotel.
Some places are closed at this time of year.
There is an EOS in the Disney Village and an always busy McDonalds which has nice coffee and the most delicious macarons - so much nicer than I've had in Paris surprisingly !
Transport from CDG is by bus - about an hour, train which can be as little as 12 mins,or, I would suggest as there are 5 of you, private transfer is an option
Have fun planning!

Hi! I've just joined but am a long time lurker on the main forum. We have been to WDW 8 times and are hoping to visit DLP this November.
I will be going with my husband and our 3 boys ages 5, 3 and 1. Flying into CDG think.
I have a couple of questions I'm hoping to get some help with please:
1. We are thinking of 4 nights arriving either Nov 5 or Nov 12. I just saw that the Xmas decorations will be going up from Nov 11. Should we hold off til the 12th to go so we can see them or will it be busier once they go up? Is this time of year generally busy or quiet?
2. Generally speaking what kind of weather would I be packing for?
3. On or off property? I was looking at the Newport Bay hotel or Hotel New York. We have stayed at Pop Century, Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary Resort at WDW and have to say we loved CR for proximity to the parks and transport with small kids! But the way I understand it things are much more spaces out at DLP so want o make the best choice for ease of access (and making a quick exit in case of tantrum!)
Thanks so much, I'm sure to have a heap more to ask but my 1 year old is waking up so duty calls lol!
1: The 12th would probably be better as there will be different Christmas shows/mini parades on that won't be on the 5th
2: It's hard to predict but expect cold. We went around that time a few years ago and it was cold but dry.
3:On Property. WDW hotels would be further away from those parks that DLP. All the DLP hotels are within walking distance from the parks. New York and Newport Bay would be like WDWs moderates. Personally I love the Cheyenne it's cowboy themed it would be like one of WDWs values but the theming is fab.

Stay onsite. I went this summer with my wife and daughters (5 and 3). I stayed at Newport Bay. It is a stunning hotel. Recently refurbished. I popped into the New York - it looked a little tired. It is having a refurb next year I believe.

We managed to walk to the Village in about 5/6 minutes and the main park in about 15. It is so convenient. And you can go back and forth between the parks and hotel so easily. I suppose it is different in July as the parks are busier and open longer. Perhaps in November the extra cost won't be justified.

Thank you all SO much for your advice and really helpful tips! I can't wait to plan plan plan!! I'm leaning towards a later arrival now so I reckon we'll push it to go on the 12th :) I'm sure to be asking tonnes of questions but right now I'm going to check out the Sequoia Lodge - I love the thoughts of the above mentioned log fires on a winters evening so maybe it's a contender! It looks to be similar to Wilderness Lodge which I've always wanted to stay at :) :)

If your budget allows for a Deluxe hotel, then the Disneyland hotel is a great option, expecially for a cold month. It is literally above the park, with some rooms having theme park view. If it happens to be very cold when you're there, in 5 minutes you'll be in your room, saving 10-15 minutes to reach one of the other hotels.
However all on site hotels are within walking distance, as others have said. The Sequoia Lodge is in my opinion the best value for money hotel, Cheyenne is the cheapest with good theming (I don't care much about the Santa Fe, but if your kids are into Cars it can be a contender).
Long story short, I'd suggest:
- Sequoia for best value overall
- Disneyland Hotel if you want to splurge
- Cheyenne if you're on a budget

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter