First time flying.

^^ Yep! Target/CVS/Walgreens and even grocery stores all have travel-size products. Just pick up those.

Disney does not have my flight info because I booked my hotel before flights. How do I add this info? I already got my Magical Express information in the mail. Also, what do they do with your carry on luggage when you get on the bus? Thank you.
Call Magical Express. with your flight info in hand: (866) 599-0951

If you have a small bag, you can hold it on your lap or place in the small overhead rack (though, I never see anyone using the overhead on the bus). Like maxiesmom said, the driver can place your carry-on bags in the cargo hold, under the bus. Just turn over the bag(s) to him, before you board the bus at the airport. When you arrive at your resort, the driver will hand you the bag(s), after everyone has gotten off at the resort. Just don’t forget to wait at the side of the bus for your luggage. A tip of $1.00-$2.00 per bag is appropriate, if the driver has handled your bag(s).

Each airline passenger is allowed to bring one quart size plastic zipper bag, containing liquids and gels in containers no greater than 3.4 oz. each, in their carry-on. You can bring an empty water bottle and just fill it up, once you clear security; it will save $$ over buying a bottle in the airport store.

Last edited:
You don’t need special bottles, they just have to be small (3oz) ones, and all your liquids have to fit into a quart ziploc bag each. Walmart sells tons of stuff in the appropriate size, and they also sell the correct-sized empty bottles. Especially if you’re just doing carryons, make sure you just have those small size toiletries and you’ll be fine. Do all the liquids or semi-liquids in one ziploc bag each, then use a second bag each for your non-liquid toiletries like powder or hair spray. I’d still do the travel size of even the non-liquids, just makes fitting everything into a carryon easier.

So you are allowed two ziplocks of liquid?

Thank you, seems everyone likes DME. Perhaps I will book it.

My feeling is it's included in your overpriced hotel stay so you should give it a shot at least on the way to Disney. I don't like it on the way back because it drops me off WAY TOO EARLY and I'm one of those people where airport time moves backwards.

You don’t need special bottles, they just have to be small (3oz) ones, and all your liquids have to fit into a quart ziploc bag each. Walmart sells tons of stuff in the appropriate size, and they also sell the correct-sized empty bottles. Especially if you’re just doing carryons, make sure you just have those small size toiletries and you’ll be fine. Do all the liquids or semi-liquids in one ziploc bag each, then use a second bag each for your non-liquid toiletries like powder or hair spray. I’d still do the travel size of even the non-liquids, just makes fitting everything into a carryon easier.
Check labels; even some non-travel size items qualify. I use a gel deodorant, and it's right at 3oz. That said, the quart size can fill up quickly and smaller sizes help. Be aware that, with the reduced pressure in the plane cabin, sometimes things can leak a bit. Make sure your quart-size ziploc is nice and watertight; sometimes I like to put my non-liquid toiletries in a gallon-size ziploc, and after screening, add the quart size to that so they're inside two layers of plastic. Ballpoint pens also are notorious for leaking ink.
Another thing you might not be prepared for is how cold it can get in flight--definitely bring a sweatshirt.

So you are allowed two ziplocks of liquid?

As mentioned by previous posters, one quart size bag of liquids/gels per person if you are carrying it into the cabin of the plane. (You can have more in checked luggage.) I tend to use a second ziploc bag for my non-liquid items such as powder or hairspray, and still have those in the small travel sizes, because I only do carryon and it’s more compact than using an actual toiletries case of some kind. Anywhere you can cut down on size and/or weight when you’re travelling with just carry on luggage is a good thing.

My feeling is it's included in your overpriced hotel stay so you should give it a shot at least on the way to Disney. I don't like it on the way back because it drops me off WAY TOO EARLY and I'm one of those people where airport time moves backwards.

Thank you so much.

The woman I booked it with said it comes every 30 minutes and that you walk to the terminal and scan your Magic Band. How does it work with the flight back?

For DME back to the airport, you will receive a letter in your room the day before with the time to meet the bus at your resort. It's typically 3 hours before your flight. Keep the letter as you'll need to hand it to the bus driver.

No to priority boarding, not worth it IMO.

For liquids in your carryon ... stuff like lipbalm, sunscreen sticks are not a liquid.

Hairspray is a liquid, has to be in your quart-sized liquids bag. I can fit in one qt bag (all travel size) hairspray, shaving cream, eyeglass cleaner, liquid foundation, wrinkle release, sunscreen, 2 sample sized tubes of toothpaste, mouthwash (get these from the dentist!) tide stain stick, shampoo, conditioner & hand lotion. The bag is definitely full but closes without issue.

Do you find priority boarding is worth it?
When I fly with my violin I always get it, to make 100% certain that it gets into the bins and nobody asks me to put my $10,000 violin under the plane. Otherwise I'd see it as an unnecessary fee that just lets you sit on the plane a bit longer instead of in the lobby.

One seating consideration: I'd assume, for your first time flying, you'd want a window seat. If you're on Southwest, the policy is "get on the plane and pick whatever seat you want," but you still ought to be able to get a window seat, or if not I imagine somebody would trade for a "pretty please, it's my first time flying."

The woman I booked it with said it comes every 30 minutes and that you walk to the terminal and scan your Magic Band. How does it work with the flight back?
Once you arrive in Orlando and deplane you’ll walk to the elevated trams (aka the faux monorail) which will whisk you to the main terminal. Follow the DME signs down to the DME boarding area. They’ll scan your bands and direct you to your line where you’ll board your bus, you can hand your luggage to your driver as you board and he’ll stow it under the bus, once enough people have boarded off you’ll go.
Going home you should get an envelope w/ DME info and perhaps your boarding passes the morning before your last night hanging on your door or slipped under your door. Your boarding time will be on your info.. Be out where you were dropped off 15 minutes before your boarding time w/ your paperwork - your DME bus will arrive and whisk you back to MCO.
If you don’t get the DME envelope the day before call the DME number or ask at the front desk - they’ll make sure you have the paperwork.

Thank you so much. I ordered quart size bags from eBay and 3oz. and under shampoos, conditioners, etc from Amazon. My fiancee and I both have carry-on size wheel luggage and I paid for priority boarding. I'm not seeing which gate I need to tell uber I need to be dropped off. I am flying out of JFK using Delta. That's the part I'm confused about. Thank you again.

Thank you so much. I ordered quart size bags from eBay and 3oz. and under shampoos, conditioners, etc from Amazon. My fiancee and I both have carry-on size wheel luggage and I paid for priority boarding. I'm not seeing which gate I need to tell uber I need to be dropped off. I am flying out of JFK using Delta. That's the part I'm confused about. Thank you again.

You don’t tell your Uber driver a gate. You just tell them your airline and they will drop you at the curb nearest that airlines check-in area. You will then have to navigate through security then onto your gate.

You know you just use like qt sized ziplock bags from the grocery store? Nothing fancy required. And they sell travel sized toiletries at every grocery/drug store/walmart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter