First time Fort campers - help please!

wendypooh

Cajun Tinkerbell Princess
We are looking to plan a trip sometime between March/May, we have a 40 ft. fifth wheel - what site/loops should we be considering? I know we def will need a premium site, just want something we can fairly easily back into and we want to be close to the Settlement. Also, being first timers to Fort Wilderness, what do we need to know?? (We are NOT new to Disney, just new to camping at Disney!) Thanks for any input!!

Last edited:
I would look at whats available! There are maps for the fort online. Ive been told they really dont take reservations for specific sites, pick an area you want to be in and try to get that.

I would look at whats available! There are maps for the fort online. Ive been told they really dont take reservations for specific sites, pick an area you want to be in and try to get that.
You can't pick a specific site. Outside spaces 600,700,800,or 900. Get there early see what they give you, take a look around and ask to change if you need to. Almost everything is great.

Yes, I know I cannot pick a specific site, just trying to get an idea of what loops to request and get opinions. Thank You everyone, I appreciate the responses - has anyone stayed in the 400 loop? I've read where people say the sites are bigger? Any insight? Thx

Last edited:

Yes, I know I cannot pick a specific site, just trying to get an idea of what loops to request and get opinions. Thank You everyone, I appreciate the responses - has anyone stayed in the 400 loop? I've read where people say the sites are bigger? Any insight? Thx

Yes, been there. Sites not bigger, all loops have a pretty good mix but 400 is a smaller loop. The great thing about 400 is it's the closest premium to the restaurants and beach. I would recommend it for a first stay, for sure.

Yes, been there. Sites not bigger, all loops have a pretty good mix but 400 is a smaller loop. The great thing about 400 is it's the closest premium to the restaurants and beach. I would recommend it for a first stay, for sure.
Try to get an outside site on the loop. They are a little more secluded and a bit easier to back into.

Try to get an outside site on the loop. They are a little more secluded and a bit easier to back into.

That's a good piece of advice for the Fort if backing in a concern and doesn't apply to just 400 loop. Backing into a site on the outer portion of a curve is a little easier, all other things being the same. Inside is okay as I remember 400 (if you get it) having a wide street (not like 300 <<shudder>>) but an inside site is fine it just may take one or two more back-and-forth's.

Bama Ed

Thanks Everyone - I appreciate all the info!!! ;) While I know it's a request - I think I've narrowed it down to loop 400 or 700, outside site. I do like the idea of a wider street though, any insight to loop 700 as far as that goes?

Last edited:
I agree with Michael (Tiggerdad). 700 feels more open. I was in 600 last September. It was a great loop. Easy to get around and a number of longer sites. I have a 42 ft 5er, so I'm also concerned about sites. 600 has a bridge that takes you across to the campfire and sing along. Pretty central.

One thing, since you are a Fort first timer. The Fort is huge. About a mile from Outpost to Settlement. The internal buses are great and functional, but if you are impatient like me. Or have garbage hips, also like me. Renting a golf cart is a nice to have. It also lets you go "looping", where you ride around all the loops checking out decorations and seeing the place.

j

I agree with Michael (Tiggerdad). 700 feels more open. I was in 600 last September. It was a great loop. Easy to get around and a number of longer sites. I have a 42 ft 5er, so I'm also concerned about sites. 600 has a bridge that takes you across to the campfire and sing along. Pretty central.

One thing, since you are a Fort first timer. The Fort is huge. About a mile from Outpost to Settlement. The internal buses are great and functional, but if you are impatient like me. Or have garbage hips, also like me. Renting a golf cart is a nice to have. It also lets you go "looping", where you ride around all the loops checking out decorations and seeing the place.

j

We stayed in the 600 loop in 2017 and really enjoyed it. Easy access to meadow Outpost and related activities!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter