First time Fw and disney visit

jimlinalf

Earning My Ears
I'm probably a rarity here in FLorida, never been to any of the parks in central florida, although I am a native to this state. My wife and I are planning a short visit to Fort Wilderness to camp with our popup, and relax, maybe spend one day in one area of the park,,,what should we bring, what should we not bring, any suggestions, we like relaxing days, don't plan on hangin out in long lines for rides, we are in our early 50's, and will be going in early january,,, also, best loop and site on the pet loops.....thanks for any info, I'm amazed at the size of this website and all the members.

Jim in Jacksonville

Jim,

I think you will love FW:D

Nice to see you posting over here - As you can see, I post more at Pop Up Times than here.

Be sure to check out WDWIG.com and look at Jeff Spencer's FAQ of FW. There is a map there and lots of FW info. With a pet you will pretty much be limited to the 1600-1900 loop--there is a preferred pet loop but you can't seem to book that (head scratching).

Can't help you with needs weather or bug-wise--haven't been in January yet!

Barbara
111 days to go

Jim

welcome. you are about to become addicted to (IMHO) the best campground! We too have a pop up and have gotten loads of valuable info from poputimes and here at the DIS.

I see that you are going in early Jan, so crouds at the parks shouldn't be much of an issue. Only you can determine what you want to see in your short trip, but as adults (no children in tow, i am assuming?) you certainly have tons of options. Personally a SHORT visit to FW would be consumed with all the lovely things to do right at the campground. (i could have ridden my bike around there for 3 days and not tired of it.) If you do want to venture to the parks and you are not in to the "nostalgia" factor of MK, you just can't go wrong with Epcot. I haven't met an adult that wasn't fasinated by it. Even though a day is a small amount of time to see such a large park, you could certainly have a nice, relaxed day by a stroll thu WS. (i have to say that my favorite Epcot moments are without a doubt ones where i am just sitting in Any one of the countries enjoying the detail of my surroundings.)

Good luck and happy planning!

- lori

Jim

welcome. you are about to become addicted to (IMHO) the best campground! We too have a pop up and have gotten loads of valuable info from poputimes and here at the DIS.

I see that you are going in early Jan, so crouds at the parks shouldn't be much of an issue. Only you can determine what you want to see in your short trip, but as adults (no children in tow, i am assuming?) you certainly have tons of options. Personally a SHORT visit to FW would be consumed with all the lovely things to do right at the campground. (i could have ridden my bike around there for 3 days and not tired of it.) If you do want to venture to the parks and you are not in to the "nostalgia" factor of MK, you just can't go wrong with Epcot. I haven't met an adult that wasn't fasinated by it. Even though a day is a small amount of time to see such a large park, you could certainly have a nice, relaxed day by a stroll thu WS. (i have to say that my favorite Epcot moments are without a doubt ones where i am just sitting in Any one of the countries enjoying the detail of my surroundings.)

Good luck and happy planning!

- lori

You will Love FW. You will not have any lines in January No Matter what you chose to do.
One thing I would recommend in the campground is to make reservations to the Hoop de doo revue... It is great food, great show... a little pricy but something you must experience . Every night there is a different Disney Show on the big screen you can take marshmellows and roast them bring your on chair, blanket or sit on the benches provided and enjoy a movie.
If you enjoy bike riding great bike trails... tennis courts... hiking..fishing.. or just float in the pool (maybe a little cool in January)..
whatever you decide I promise you WILL BE BACK. My Husband and I went one weekend and never left the campground. However we never rested because there is so much to do in the campground and your first visit you want to soak it all in........ ENJOY you trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter