First time + Honeymoon

Carolina Vasconcellos

Honeymoon on September 2019
My fiancée and I will be going for the first time and to spend our honeymoon!

I'm having SUCH A HARD TIME planning for it.

Which restaurants do you recommend for newlyweds?

Also, how do you usually plan? We have 7 days in the last week of september!

Every help is appreciatted :)

It totally depends on what you like. If you’re foodies who want something extra fancy to celebrate, Victoria and Albert’s is famous...but quite expensive. If you like seafood, there are several options. I’ve heard good things about the ambience at Jiko and there are list of “most romantic” restaurants if you’re looking for that.

There’s nothing to say you wouldn’t have fun with character dining too if that fits :). WDW info has all the menus - plan a date with your fiancé to read through them together and make a wish list.

I use Touring Plans to determine approximately which park will be lower crowds on which day (but crowd calendars vary in accuracy)...then look for reservations. You can adjust once your FP window opens.

You may also want to discuss how laid back or hectic you prefer the trip to be (first time may mean more eager to see the most things, but honeymoon may mean tired from wedding planning and wanting more chill time?)...that will govern your touring style and goals.

If you and your fiancé each choose 2-3 must do restaurants, you are unlikely to have a bad time :)

California Grill is one place I'd recommend for a romantic dinner. This web site has menus for every WDW restaurant so you can narrow it down by what appeals to you.

I would recommend Narccoossee's and/or Cali Grill during the fireworks both pump in the music

Congrats on the engagement/wedding! My wife and I did a delayed honeymoon at WDW in August of 2017. I have been several times and it was only her second time. I am usually crazy about planning but my strategy was to try and stay free of too many reservations and schedules. Mostly we just wanted to kind of relax and go with the flow of things and we found that it made for a very good vacation.

We only did two table service reservation meals: 1 was a buffet at Tusker House and the other was a late lunch at Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios. The Brown Derby experience was great, and our waiter brought us out a champagne toast to celebrate after dessert. I would highly recommend it as it wasn't too fancy or upscale but was also just a nice quite place to enjoy a meal together.

I would recommend Narccoossee's and/or Cali Grill during the fireworks both pump in the music

Cali Grill has been our best Disney dining experience, each of the ~5 times we have done it. Narcoossee's was the worst experience the one time we did it. Never going back there. But it goes to show that everyone will enjoy different things, so look through the menus and see what appeals to you.

Bongos was a lot of fun - we ate here our 1st night and it was the perfect place to kick off our trip. The food was excellent, the service was outstanding and the live music was so much fun.

Yachtsman Steakhouse is also a favorite romantic spot for us - the food was very good and we loved walking around the resort after dinner. With all the twinkly lights at Stormalong Bay at night - pure Disney Magic.

Todd English Blue Zoo is also a unique dining experience. The decor is under the sea style ( but subtle ) - here the food was also top notch.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter