First time in a cabin

A bus or boat is not an option for everyone. I know people that get bus sick from the motion. The same things with boats.

On Wednesday we waited an HOUR for an Epcot bus at Wilderness Lodge. The bus system is really inconsistent right now. This is one of many similar instances we've had the past two weeks. Once we boarded we proceeded to the Fort before Epcot and as guests boarded they complained about the hour wait also. The bus driver reported it and suggested we file a complaint with Guest Services in the park where they compensated us with Fast Passes for our lost hour. Until they get their bus system worked out I would avoid it-too much lost time just using transportation. You are wise in your decision to not use the bus system.

Last edited:
One final clarification: If I don't want to ride the internal bus, and don't take a boat, and do have a car parked at my cabin,

OK missed the part in red so if not taking the boat and have a car you will have to drive to all the parks, but as posted above, it will add maybe (?) 45 minutes to an hour in the morning and the evening driving to and from the MK.

If you don't mind walking the 1 to 2 miles to P&J's every morning, then going by your parameters, I would say you don't need a golf cart. But I would suggest if you are going to take the trouble of walking to P&J's (as you can not drive your car there) you might want to walk the extra few hundred feet to the "boat dock" & take the boat to MK. You will save $25 on parking at MK and dealing with the TTC, especially first thing in the morning, is what I tell my wife the 7th circle of Hades must be like. As others have said, once you get on a boat & it gets you to MK, which doesn't take ANYWHERE as long as any mode of transportation from TTC, there will be a much shorter security check line than the other security check points. That is my advice for at least your MK days. For the other parks you will probably want to drive to them if you don't wanna use any of Disney's transportation options from the Fort to AK, HS, or EPCOT. But the decision is ultimately up to you. Hope y'all have a great trip. :)
They won't need to pay for parking at the parks. If you stay in the cabins you pay for your car to be parked there each night but you don't have to pay to park at the parks.

When I was there earlier in the year we rented a golf cart and it was so nice at the end of the day to just hop in and not wait for a bus, however, I felt we saw a lot of internal buses so it didn't appear that you would be waiting too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!