First Time...Is it NOT to do park to park passes ok?

disneyfor5

Mouseketeer
Haven't been to Universal and going in November. How important it is having the "Park to Park" passes? Will we be ok with the "Base tickets for the 3 parks? I understand its just the same park each day but will we be disappointed if we didn't ride the Express Train? Any other advantages with the Park to Park pass? Thanks for any info!

IMO the park to park tickets are way too expensive when basically all you get is a train ride.
I guess it depends on how big of a HP fan you are, I've taken the train and it's not something I'm that interested in again so we just get the one park per day tickets and spend the saved money on a nice dinner or merchandise.
You aren't "missing out" by not taking the train.

I don't think the park-to-park is necessary, unless you're a huge HP fan. It also depends on your touring plan. How many days are you going? When we went for 3 days only we did a park a day the first two days, and split our last day so we needed the park-to-park tickets. If you're fine with a park a day I wouldn't spend the extra money on the park-to-park.

(re-posting my response from the other duplicate thread that is now locked)

I always prefer getting Park to Park, not because of the Train (although it's a cool experience) but to have the ability to park hop. the parks are literally attached to one another so it takes minutes to go from one park to the other.

Will you have Express Passes (either free from staying at one of the deluxe on-site hotels, or purchasing them)? If not, I find Park to Park even more valuable. Crowds ebb and flow between the two parks and you'll find that sometimes the rides at one park have high wait times while the other park are low, and vice-versa. I love having the freedom to hop over to the other side if it's less busy there, or if the weather is bad, outdoor attractions (which IOA has more of) are shut down so I can hop back and forth to concentrate on the indoor rides.

Note to all:

Have been trying to merge the duplicate threads but have not been able to do so with all the “pop up congratulation site” appearing on my screen

Once these pop ups are blocked, will be merging closed thread to this one

Get park to park - especially if you’re even a remotely interested HP fan.

It’s worth it IMO.

Yeah it's worth it for the park hopping aspect and if you're a Harry Potter fan. If you do get it then do the Hogwarts Express both ways (US to IOA, IOA to US) as it's different each way.

If you would rather save the money, you will be fine with one park per day.

Honestly, that train ride is not worth $60. I do like to park hop, but I would be fine staying on only one side esp if it were my first visit.

We've always had hoppers. We do go back and forth between parks. We start off at one park, then take train and hop over to the other park. It’s not just for the train, although it is cool.

As a huge Harry Potter fan, they are 100% necessary because the theming of the hogwarts express is so immersive. If you aren’t huge Harry Potter fans than isn’t necessary. But I wouldn’t go without it.

I always do P2P

Nice to have in case a ride is shut down and can return later

Not restricted to staying in one park then

Short easy walk to go from one park to the other

I don't think it is a hardship to do one park a day, esp if saving $60 per person is a goal.

I like to hop back and forth, but it would be fine by me to stay in one park a day.

I think it depends on how big an HP fan you are and/or how you feel about hopping in general.

I think for big HP fans, the ability to hit both parks in one day is more than dimply getting the train ride...it's getting the entire Wizarding World experience in one go.

And obviously, if you're a big fan of hopping, then that would be another reason to go with Park to park..so you can change your location based on ride wait times and such if you so choose. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter