First time "Moonlight Magic"

WebmasterPete

Grand Administrator
So, I was up early to get in the queue for next months Moonlight Magic event at Epcot. At 9am, there were 1500 people in front of me. I was shocked, but never having attended one of these events I don't know if that's normal or not. How many people do they allow in for these?

So, I was up early to get in the queue for next months Moonlight Magic event at Epcot. At 9am, there were 1500 people in front of me. I was shocked, but never having attended one of these events I don't know if that's normal or not. How many people do they allow in for these?

When it opened for members with resort reservations, I was something like 3600 in the queue. I don't know how many they let in for Epcot. As I was waiting in the queue, it would update on the percentage booked. It was around 70% when I booked on 4/3. They may have opened up more for today. It wasn't showing sold out this morning.

Good luck!

It is normal. I had the link queued up on two devices the night before. Oddly enough, I did my laptop a couple hours ahead of time. Then I did my iPad. When it got close to 9AM it starting counting down (under a minute). Interestingly, my iPad was a split second faster as it would count down just ahead of the computer. So then my computer put me in line ahead of the count (my ipad was still at 26 seconds left) and I was in line at 1366 or something like that. Then my iPad counted down to zero and put me in line at #26. I scored tickets. As I write this I'm still at 766 on my computer, LOL.

Good luck!

So, registrations for May 13th were sold out by 9:18am. Hoping they don't sell out the 20th before my number is up - I'm at 580 right now.

So, at 9:28 they announce both dates are sold out. I only made it as far as 553 in the queue. Disappointing.

So, at 9:28 they announce both dates are sold out. I only made it as far as 553 in the queue. Disappointing.
Sorry! Keep some hope in reserve. There may be last minute tickets offered here (on Disboards) by members holding an extra ticket due to changes in their plans.

It's gotten rather difficult to book these if you do not have a reservation onsite that allows you to book in the early registration. When they first started holding them they didn't "sell out" for weeks.

Sorry you didn't get in.

One small piece of information that might be useful from the show you posted today is that for the initial registration period (for people with resort reservations), the limit is 4 people or everybody listed on your resort registration(s). So if you've booked a 2 bedroom villa with 9 people or even a grand villa with 12, you can register that entire group. If you have multiple rooms booked under your membership, you can register everyone in those rooms.

According to the web site, you simply need to make sure all the names are attached to the reservation about a week and a half prior to when it opens up. (Event registration is handled by a separate company that manages the virtual queue, so they have to transmit that data ahead of time.)

Last edited:
We are staying onsite in October and had no problem getting our night reserved.
Looking forward as its the first time we have ever been there when they have had one of these events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter