First Time Planner. Some Questions!

JamieOak

You ain't never had a friend like me
I'm in a position that I'm planning a rather last minute trip as an extension of a work trip coming up in a couple weeks. I've researched the hotels, tickets, FP system, and general size of the parks and the rides. But I still have a few questions. I'm sure I'll have more as I continue planning, but here's a start!

1. Express luggage. They state on the website that they will not accept laptops, cameras, jewelry, etc. I will have my work laptop with me so if this is really the case then I don't think express luggage is going to work for me and I will want to go to the Hotel Cheyenne to check in my luggage and also store it there on my last day while in the parks. I think I'll be arriving via taxi so this wouldn't be an issue, but on my last day I plan to travel to London via train so it would be useful that day.

2. I've read that ADRs aren't as hectic is WDW (thank goodness!). Is it generally possible to show up at a restaurant without an ADR? Given my short time to plan a week long trip with DLP only being one part, I am not going to be picky about which restaurants I go to!

3. Photopass. I've already decided to buy it just for the ride photos. Are there also photopass photographers spread out in the park like at WDW? Or just with character meets? Just trying to set expectations.

I'll be there for ~2.5 days and I'll be solo for all but 1 day. Any suggestions on where to read up on planning my park touring? I feel I've learned the rides and walkthroughs a little bit. But haven't looked at any dining, shows, or special events yet! I still have a Paris and a London trip to plan, so my time is limited.

1- It may be that they wont accept laptops as a separate item but it would be ok if it was inside your suit case - not sure but just a thought.
The other option is to leave it at left luggage which is just outside the park entrance or there are lockers within the train station where you are going at the end of the day anyhow - both of these are chargeable. Left luggage charges per item but the lockers are different sizes so you could either send the rest of your luggage by Express and leave laptop there separatly or try and and fit all your luggage in a locker

2 - ADRs are definitely not as hectic as WDW however some restaurants do get very busy. You will be able to get in somewhere especially as there is only one of you but rather than just doing a walk up you could go to your hotel concierge or city hall and book on your first day.
Do you know where you might want to eat? Buffet? Table service? particular type of food?

3 - There are no photopass photographers round the park and some character meets dont always have one either

A good website to look at is DLP Guide
http://www.dlpguide.com/

This will have a list of restaurants and some menus , ride overview etc

2. I've read that ADRs aren't as hectic is WDW (thank goodness!). Is it generally possible to show up at a restaurant without an ADR? Given my short time to plan a week long trip with DLP only being one part, I am not going to be picky about which restaurants I go to!

1. ADRS open 60 days in advance
  2. Prior to your arrival they can only be booked by phone
  3. If you are in America just call the number for Walt Disney World in Florida and ask to be transferred to Disneyland Paris Dining Reservations
  4. If you will be in Paris before going to Disneyland, you can just call the French number from a French landline
  5. When you made an ADR you dont have to give card details and you are not charged for a no show
  6. When you make ADR it will show up on your online My Disney Account
  7. When you make ADR, your name will be on a list at the host stand
  8. The more popular places such as Captain Jacks (the restaurant in Pirates) Chez Remy, Walts and the character meals book up early
  9. For all the rest, many people make reservations less than 14 day before arrival
  10. Reservations can be made at check in at your hotel or at any time during your visit
  11. Reservations can also be made on the day or at any time during your visit at Town Hall
  12. Walk ups may not be possible as the majority of people make reservations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter