First Time Planning Trip-Sept 2018-Extended Family Trip

JessBadger

Earning My Ears
So I didn't go to Disney for the first time until two years ago. And now I'm planning our family trip, which is the first time I've planned anything for Disney. It is a little insane and I've planned many other trips including a 6 week backpacking across Europe adventure when I was post-undergrad.

* Who is in your party:
Me, J=30
Husband, K=29
Brother, S=26
Sister-In-Law, A=30
Mom, K=50's
Dad, R=50's
Brother, A=11
Brother, D=8

* Your travel dates: Sept 12-Sept 20, 2018

* Where are you staying:
Offsite in a great house 10 minutes from the parks

* What Advanced Dining Reservations you have made (if any):
Tiffins (Dinner)
California Grill (Dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe (Dinner)
Garden Grill (Breakfast)
Be Our Guest (Dinner)

Can I just say that making ADRs (and yes I understand it's probably somewhat easier if staying on-site), was probably the worst part of planning because it was almost impossible to get it taken care of for a large group even with lots of tips and tricks from people on here and other resources.

* Any special plans, events, etc that you have planned:
1. Dad and Brother(S) are going fishing one morning
2. MNSSHP one of our nights (Brother(A) is a huge Hocus Pocus fan, as am I!)
3. Anniversaries/Birthdays (both my parents and my and my husbands anniversaries are 9/19 and my birthday is right before the trip so my husband is planning some surprises for me while we're down there!)

Multi-generational/large family trip comments:
There is not a lot of information/advice out there for trips like ours where it's not the typical family or extra large groups (like school groups) going to Disney, so any advice/experience would be super helpful!

We have already decided not to over plan and leave a lot of options for everyone to break off or do as they want, but any other ideas for how to manage the large group would be helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!